Stepping Down as President of the Chapter at the end of Year

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Fundad

Stepping Down as President of the Chapter at the end of Year

Post by Fundad »

Good Day Members,

I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be stepping down as President of the Chapter at the end of the year.

I am a bit burned out on a number of things after many years since our creation of NAFHA, and it is a good time for fresh new leadership, that better fits the members ideas of NAFHA and directions we have gone. I will likely offer to be VP or something if the membership wants that, just to keep me in contact with the relationships we have built and stay involved in the background.

So now is the time to start thinking about who you want as President.

Here are a few dedicated board members that I would support and endorse in heartbeat as they have shown they are worthy thought many hours of effort for us.

In no particular order as in my opinion any of these three would do a great job

Lawrence Erickson (Calfirecap)
Jeff Nordland (SurfinHerp)
Vice-pres: Matthew Gruen (mattg)

There are other members I can think of too, but these three have been serving us wonderfully on the board for years now.

Yours Truly
Brian Hinds
California Chapter President
todd battey

Re: Stepping Down as President of the Chapter at the end of

Post by todd battey »

Well let me be the first to say (on this post) thank you for your many years of service. You have done much to build and strengthen relationships with CA agencies such as the Department of Fish and Wildlife and USGS researchers. Your passion and energy will be missed, but I can certainly understand your desire to move on and let someone else take the lead.

Thanks buddy! :beer:

Todd
hellihooks

Post by hellihooks »

what Todd said... and since it probably can't be said any better... What Todd Said! :beer:
Calfirecap

Post by Calfirecap »

Brian,
Your accomplishments with NAFHA and as the CA Chapter President are immeasurable. As one of the founding fathers of NAFHA you took an idea and helped turn it into a reality. This is no easy task and I know you had some good help along the way, but none the less, this was a project of enormous magnitude. Everyone involved with NAFHA is indebted to you for all your hard work with this organization. I know I for one went from an 'Incidental herper' to a serious field herper largely because of involvement with NAFHA making a lot of good friends along the way, and I am quite certain I am not alone with this progression. It's your influence that made this happen.

Whoever follows in your footsteps has some big shoes to fill, but your offer to help them out will help insure we carry on.

Thanks Brian, you have done one heck of a job my friend.

Lawrence
Porter

Post by Porter »

I've only been involved with the CA chapter for the last 5 yrs, but in that short time, I've always thought you did a great job of leading the group and keeping things in order. Whenever a disagreement between members got too far out of control, you became peacemaker and calmed things down on a professional and respectful level. Forgiving as well. It's easy to see that you are highly respected by everyone in the community including people who haven't even met you. Whoever is chosen to take on the captain's hat, has had an excellent example to follow :beer:
Nature Nate

Post by Nature Nate »

Brian, Thank you for your service and leadership. You have truly set a standard and embodied the ideals and mission of our organization. Again I say thank you for your sacrifice and vital role you have played for so long.
I would also move for Jeff Nordland to take the nomination as your successor only because I know him well, not because I don't trust Lawrence, but I don't know him as well as I do Jeff. I know that Jeff would be a great choice if he is willing to accept.
hellihooks

Post by hellihooks »

It's the birding... :shock: gosh dang birding bug got another one of us... :crazyeyes:
shredsteban

Post by shredsteban »

Brian, thank you for all of the hard work that you've poured into NAFHA and beyond. Thank you for being an example to many of us. I will always look up to Fundad!

-Nick
Fieldnotes

Post by Fieldnotes »

Those are some big shoes to fill--the next guy is going to need big feet. :thumb:
nightdriver

Post by nightdriver »

Thanks for your service Brian. The chapter will miss your leadership. I hope you will continue in some capacity.

-nightdriver
Fundad

Post by Fundad »

Wow, I am honored and touched by all the compliments. Thank you so much for the kind words.

I do plan on staying involved as a member, and maybe as a board member, if nominated, just not president.
I need to devote more time to get HERP settled in, and some other personal items.

There are some great options IMO to continue the fine tradition of this chapter, but really it is all the dedicated members of this chapter
that really make the train go, not the president. So many of you do so much for NAFHA/HERP and the community as a whole that it is that
effort that makes it work and without the participation and contributions that so many of you contribute too, we wouldn't be.

I am proud and thankful to have such fine friends in this chapter.

Yours Truly
Brian Hinds
yolodave

Post by yolodave »

Appreciate all the effort to keep this group going. Although our paths have not crossed in person, you appear to be a level-headed herp nerd, which is about the greatest compliment I can come up with in this group.

Hope we will meet soon.

Dave
Jeff Lemm

Post by Jeff Lemm »

Thank you for everything you have done, my friend. You took us to the next level and then some. Your dedication to NAFHA cannot be matched and I will be sad to see you step done as our leader...but I get it and I thank you tremendously
Ross Padilla

Post by Ross Padilla »

I echo what everyone has said here. Thanks for your service, old friend. :beer: