Looking for herpers willing to share Wolf Lake hunting camp

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

abpaine

Looking for herpers willing to share Wolf Lake hunting camp

Post by abpaine »

Hi,
My name is Warren Duzak from Nashville, Tn. I've been coming to Snake Road for about 10 years. I found a hunting camp just outside of Wolf Lake on the La Rue/Pine Hill side about one mile from La Rue Road. I've been using it for about five years. It's on a 1,000 acre farm and on the equivalent of the inter-coastal waterway that runs off of and parallel to Highway 3.
The camp is like a small house:living room, two small bathooms, two bed rooms, porch kitchen, dining area, large living room. It sleeps six- five singles and one double bed. It is a hunting camp so if consumptive hunting and stuffed animals and heads bother you this might not be to your place.
We usually have enough but on this trip Oct. 7-10 we only have three so far. If we have four -six it is $30 per person a night. Less than four and its $40.
Looking for someone to share the house.
We're an older group. I'm 70 and most everybody else is 50 and up.
But we like to look for herps and the evenings are - as you might guess- pretty sedate. Two former journalists and a biologist.
If you're interested drop me an e-mail with a little personal info and phone number.
No inside smoking, alcohol is fine(no drunks, please) and prescription drugs only. I've developed a good relationship with the farm owner and would like to keep it.
They have two out-buildings, one sleeps one and another sleeps four. If you are interested in those I can put you in touch with farmer but you would have to make your own arrangements.
[email protected]