Victoria brides and other flesh ads

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

lateralis

Victoria brides and other flesh ads

Post by lateralis »

Question - does anyone else see the foreign bride ad when they get on the FHF site? Meet Ukrainian women etc? What's with all this human trafficking garbage or is it my iPad?
craigb

Re: Victoria brides and other flesh ads

Post by craigb »

Nope.... No pop ups... at all.
Hans Breuer (twoton)

Post by Hans Breuer (twoton) »

No...
krisbell

Post by krisbell »

Those popups are usually based on the stored cache from your machine from sites you have visited - anything you're not telling us?
klawnskale

Post by klawnskale »

:lol: :crazyeyes: I see Jeff Goldblum as the spokesperson for apartments <dot>com. He was the genius mathematician in Jurassic Park. Chaos Theory!!
lateralis

Post by lateralis »

lol nope happily married for 20 years, it must be some garbage cached on my ipad...I saw the Goldblum ad as well so yeah, cached cookies or whatever that crap is called....
Bryan Hamilton

Post by Bryan Hamilton »

I have election ads at the top of my screen. Love me some Jeff Goldblum.

stlouisdude

Post by stlouisdude »

I can get plastic choice 8 oz deli cups for 26.99...
Scott Waters
Site Admin

Post by Scott Waters »

Since implementing google ads, I have been asked that a few times......"why do I see (insert topic) ads?" I've been told by my tech personnel (inside joke) the ads are primarily based on your internet activity. Now, granted, that doesn't mean you're searching for Ukranian brides, but something is triggering it. What? I don't know. Could be searches and sites that are feeding that info through your system, etc. I have filtered out as many ad types as I can, but some will get through.

And if I may ask.....please click on some ads for me, folks! I've never run ads (well, not pay-per-click-impression types) until now. Every thing I've done in the past has been for herp companies, usually bundled in with the magazine. Frankly, I've made nothing off FHF. I was finally convinced to stop being so damn humble, and run some google ads. Since this site started in 2004, I've never asked for anything. I now ask. Give a click or two, if you can. :)

On that note, I plan on doing more here on FHF, based on this activity. I'd love to create a few things, like scholarships, for example. Also, products related directly to you, like hooks, backpack, etc. Give stuff away. I am running these ads to finance that stuff, not me. I do this because I love this community, and what FHF has always stood for. Help me. :) That concludes the extremely rare moment on FHF of the admin asking for some bounce back. Actually, I don't think I've ever asked this type of thing. Anyway, back to herping.....

Thanks,
Scott
lateralis

Post by lateralis »

Thanks for the reply Scott, I'll never lend my iPad out again lol. Regarding field gear, great idea and off hand I would recommend the following:
TOPS knives
Bench made knives

Packs:
Tactical tailor (us made)
Spec ops (us made)
5.11 packs, not made in USA but they are still good kit

Cheers
Lat
Scott Waters
Site Admin

Post by Scott Waters »