San Diego Help Request

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Ryan Hoyer

San Diego Help Request

Post by Ryan Hoyer »

Hey all. Long time since I've been on here. Nothing to share herp wise as life has forced me down other paths in the last several years. Plus, we are under many feet of snow here in UT. It'll be quite a while until I can view the first early season rubber boas. You guys keep sending those storms our way and burying us in loads of snow!

Plans are forming to be in San Diego Feb 16th-18th for a family trip. While the wife and her daughter do a few things together, I'd like to disappear with my son into the hills and see if we can spot a snake or two. Would be grateful just to see a common Cal King or two. And some S. Alligators would be a treat for the young'n.

I'll have a car, but somewhat limited in range from downtown San Diego as I won't have an entire day. Anyone willing to throw me a bone and point me where to focus my time? As always, I can be reached at ryan at rubberboas.com rather than broadcasting locations to public viewing here.
SurfinHerp

Re: San Diego Help Request

Post by SurfinHerp »

Hi Ryan,

I sent you an email a minute ago with a couple of spots for you to consider. I doubt you'll find any alligators here in SD County, but you are almost guaranteed to find some alligator lizards while you're here. Kingsnakes shouldn't be too difficult either.

Regards,

Jeff
Ryan Hoyer

Re: San Diego Help Request

Post by Ryan Hoyer »

Thank you Jeff. That was very gracious of you. Much appreciated.