A "my kid with a snake" shot that you haven't gotten

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

jonathan

A "my kid with a snake" shot that you haven't gotten

Post by jonathan »

When Bianca Dickinson's 2-year-old daughter was playing around in the driveway of their home on Monday, she thought she would snap a few cute photos of the child. Instead, she got a terrifying surprise.

The toddler, Molly, was enjoying herself at their Victoria, Australia, house when a large, venomous snake sneaked into the shot. Dickinson did not even notice it at the time.

She shared the warning to Facebook:

"I was looking through my camera lens and was looking at my daughter. I saw something move in the corner of my eye and actually thought it was bark coming off the tree — yesterday in Victoria it was quite windy — I then looked up to see where the bark had gone," she told ABC News.

After she thought about it for a moment, Dickinson realized that the "bark" she saw was actually a deadly serpent. Though it moved away from Molly, it was still a terrifying threat.

"All my instincts wanted to run and pick her up and scream and run away," she told ABC News. "I stayed still and luckily so did she and it just slithered off."

According to Mashable, it's not known if the snake was an eastern brown or a king brown -- but both are highly venomous.

It's always a good idea to look closely at your surroundings before posing for a photo!
https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/0 ... lp00001361
Kelly Mc

Re: A "my kid with a snake" shot that you haven't gotten

Post by Kelly Mc »

Woww. Its cool how clearly the snake is focused on going about its way and the photo has that same feel as the type you see with like, the ghosts of victorian twins superimposed in the background only its real, just a natural moment of an epic snake with human beings superimposed on its life and environment.
MCHerper

Post by MCHerper »

Yikes! I'm glad that all are okay. She's a cutie! I'd love to see an Australian brown snake one day but not by surprise. I laughed at the first comment after the description: "There would have been another brown snake in the back of my undies.".
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Kelly Mc wrote:Woww. Its cool how clearly the snake is focused on going about its way and the photo has that same feel as the type you see with like, the ghosts of victorian twins superimposed in the background only its real, just a natural moment of an epic snake with human beings superimposed on its life and environment.
Yeah, it's beautiful how natural it is. You can almost see the snake thinking, "Please don't mind me, I don't think you're a threat and you're too big to eat so just keep looking over there and I'm going to go about my way."

If snakes thought, of course.