what Spesies of Bornean Cyrtodactylus it is ?

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

ahmadkasyfulanwar

what Spesies of Bornean Cyrtodactylus it is ?

Post by ahmadkasyfulanwar »

hello my name is aan, this is my journey in Peat swamp Forest of Central Borneo, please help me to identify what Cyrtodactylus of this species ? thank you

Paul Freed

Re: what Spesies of Bornean Cyrtodactylus it is ?

Post by Paul Freed »

Aan,
This looks like Cyrtodactylus baluensis, but I am not completely certain. Hopefully, someone with more experience in geckos from that region will post their opinion.
-Paul
ahmadkasyfulanwar

Paul Freed wrote:Aan,
This looks like Cyrtodactylus baluensis, but I am not completely certain. Hopefully, someone with more experience in geckos from that region will post their opinion.
-Paul
dear Paul, according to geospatial reference, C.baluensis was endemic at Kinabalu mountain while i found in peatswamp forest of Central bornean which is about 10-30 m above sea level, also based on habitat reference when I found it, it was on the ground between dead twig and branch on the forest floor. thanks a lot for your answer, but i am still in doubt with C. baluensis.
Antonsrkn

Post by Antonsrkn »

I agree that C. baluensis is unlikely given the location, rather I think it might be Cyrtodactylus pubisulcus.
ahmadkasyfulanwar

Antonsrkn wrote:I agree that C. baluensis is unlikely given the location, rather I think it might be Cyrtodactylus pubisulcus.
thank you anton, do you have an article or some literature about C.pubisculus in borneo? would you like to share with me?
i have some field guide books also still doubt about C.pubisculus because still there are not reference enough.
Paul Freed

Post by Paul Freed »

That's clear, Aan, I photographed a Cyrtodactylus baluensis in Kinabalu that looked similar to yours, that's why I was hesitant to declare for certain that it was C. baluensis.
-Paul