A reintroduction and a C. cerberus menagerie

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

azatrox

A reintroduction and a C. cerberus menagerie

Post by azatrox »

It's been forever and a day since I've posted here, but I've missed this place so I thought I'd reintroduce myself by throwing up a few photos of one of my favorite native AZ species, C. cerberus.

All of these photos were taken in the wild, as the animals were encountered and completely in situ. These animals represent the species from across a good portion of it's range here in Arizona.

I know that everybody and their mom posts their field pics on Facebook these days (I do too), but quite frankly that gets old after awhile. I miss the days of checking the forum numerous times a day for cool pics from across the world and fantastic discussions with knowledgeable people about these amazing critters.

Enjoy.

-Kris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bryan Hamilton

Re: A reintroduction and a C. cerberus menagerie

Post by Bryan Hamilton »

cerbs are the word. welcome back.
azatrox

Post by azatrox »

Thanks!

-Kris
bgorum

Post by bgorum »

Nice stuff Kris, glad you're back.
azatrox

Post by azatrox »

Thanks Bill! Looking forward to posting more stuff! :)

-Kris
lateralis

Post by lateralis »

Some beauties there Kris! been a long time for several of us, I think the last time I saw you was down in Yuma several years ago. Like you I have been absent quite awhile, mostly busy with work and finishing grad school. Ive avoided FB and other social media sites for the simple reason that they provide too much information that is often poached for less honorable uses. Keep the cerbs coming!

Cheers
Lat
azatrox

Post by azatrox »

Hey Lat!

Long time no talk! Good to see ya still lurking around these parts....I remember bumpin' into ya years ago in Yuma...Was a good trip even if we didn't see much.

I'm still bumpin' around AZ, photographing whatever I find. I'm looking forward to throwin' some more stuff up as time allows. Glad you enjoyed my little cerb escapade.

Take care and maybe we can bump into each other again soon! :)

-Kris
lateralis

Post by lateralis »

Hey Lat!

Long time no talk! Good to see ya still lurking around these parts....I remember bumpin' into ya years ago in Yuma...Was a good trip even if we didn't see much.

I'm still bumpin' around AZ, photographing whatever I find. I'm looking forward to throwin' some more stuff up as time allows. Glad you enjoyed my little cerb escapade.

Take care and maybe we can bump into each other again soon! :)

-Kris
yep, its been awhile! I get on once in a while to see whats happening but otherwise just too busy to spend a lot of time on the foro these past few years. Yeah Yuma is tough, especially with the dirth of rain these past few years, I was out recently and the place is suffering more than usual; nothing blooming, flowering or nesting and insect/rodent levels were almost nonexistent, probably the worst conditions Ive seen there in 10 years. Be good to link up next time were in the field and swap stories!

cheers
Lat
Jeroen Speybroeck

Post by Jeroen Speybroeck »

The main target when I will revisit AZ, so :shock: :thumb: