.. owwweee ...

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

regalringneck

.. owwweee ...

Post by regalringneck »

... mess wit da bull, and ewe'r gonna git the horn :p

https://www.kiiitv.com/article/news/loc ... -561750856

i nearly got it from a very limp DoR mojave one night in mexico, it gave the full load into my vehicle's armrest ykes !
Jimi

Re: .. owwweee ...

Post by Jimi »

... mess wit da bull, and ewe'r gonna git the horn :p
Indeed, if not both the horns, and the hooves to boot.

We have a staff member here who was very nearly killed (not his first bite...so his body's reaction probably included some immune response) by a DOR abyssus. He made a real mess out of his work truck, power-puking and power-shitting all over it. And then (somehow not yet being completely empty) he proceeded to do the same to the truck that miraculously came and found him and took him to the hospital. Good times! "You know you're having fun when..."

Folks may remember this sad but still rather Darwin-award case:
http://www.gainesville.com/article/LK/2 ... 184078/GS/

I salvage good-condition DOR rattlesnakes every year to "put up" in museum collections. I treat them just like live rattlesnakes - keep my distance, use tools only for manipulating, put them in a bucket with a screw-top lid etc etc.

Life lesson - "Don't get bit!"
i nearly got it from a very limp DoR mojave one night in mexico, it gave the full load into my vehicle's armrest ykes !
So, uh...what the hell were you thinking? How did that snake have access to your arm rest?
regalringneck

Re: .. owwweee ...

Post by regalringneck »

...eve'n Jimi & thnx 4 posting that link...intrsting tho tragic.

So I was demonstrating the diff. between atrox & scutes w/ what was a stone dead limp mojave, i never handle them beyond tailing if theres any muscle tension ... but thnx goodness the armrest was putting out a good IR signal ... lesson learned & thus the point to share it, dead snattlerakes can kill or wound much like "unloaded" (magazine removed) guns ... nowadaze i too pick up DoRs w/ tools!