Boston area, early November

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

krismunk

Boston area, early November

Post by krismunk »

Hi all,

I'm a Danish herper visiting Boston for work the first week of November. Some of you might remember me from earlier forum posts (Israel, Denmark, Texas, Greece, Spain, Croatia, etc...) though I have been less active here lately. While of course I realize that November is not exactly prime herping season I would enjoying getting out for a day nonetheless. Realistically this would be Sunday, November 4. I was hoping someone might want to meet up or provide me with some tips for spots near the city (any sensitive info by pm of course) or tips on where to find more information or other local herpers. With so little time, such poor timing and quite possibly restricted means of transportation (I might be without a car) a little local help would be particularly valued. Asides from fhf I've been searching fb for MA and NE herping groups as well but haven't found any with much activity.

My dream finds would be timbers (unsurprisingly...) and milks but I realize at that time of the year I'd have to be quite lucky with the weather to stand even half a chance at finding any snakes at all. Furthermore, I don't really expect anyone to provide me with sensitive timber den info so I know that is a long shot to say the least and really I'd happy to find anything. I'm guessing some sallies and wood frogs should at least be possible.

Anyway, any and all help would be greatly appreciated.