Road Cruising 50+ Snakes

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

LouB747

Road Cruising 50+ Snakes

Post by LouB747 »

Good times southeast of Chicago. Tried using a GoPro along with my normal camera with mixed results.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G_MHFflxBE&t=4s[/youtube]
LouB747

Re: Road Cruising 50+ Snakes

Post by LouB747 »

Can't seem to get the YouTube code to show the video. Not sure why. Anyways, I'm LouB747 on YT and IG if you're interested.
Porter

Post by Porter »

Cool vid! :beer: Do you have another video with decay snacks in it? I Saw my first onethis year. They got some of the coolest patterns ever seen with the fading color from head to tail and then the intricate pattern along the back. How much variation exists between that pattern from one individual to the next? One in your video looked a lot more orange-ish red And almost patternless… Have you ever come across any morphs?

I’m planning on getting back into field herping videos next year. I haven’t made one since I was using digital eight :lol What kind of camera are you using for your vid’s? Not the go Pro, I think I have the latest version of that already. I’m asking about the main video camera use that gets all the clear shots with good color. I remember seeing a video of you filming a car to test out the new camera but I don’t remember what kind of camera it was. But I think you were displaying that it retained the original red color of the car
LouB747

Post by LouB747 »

Thanks. Yeah, I have a few videos from Chicago with DeKays. Definitely a lot of variation in their patterns/colors. I haven't seen any real morphs, jut what I think is variation.

I use a Sony AX53 camcorder. I chose it for it's zoom and built in optical stabilization. Also 4K. I occasionally use a GoPro for different angles, as well as a Mavic drone for aerial shots. I mostly use PowerDirector for editing, with occasional use of Premier for unusual transitions.
Porter

Post by Porter »

LouB747 wrote:Thanks. Yeah, I have a few videos from Chicago with DeKays. Definitely a lot of variation in their patterns/colors. I haven't seen any real morphs, jut what I think is variation.

I use a Sony AX53 camcorder. I chose it for it's zoom and built in optical stabilization. Also 4K. I occasionally use a GoPro for different angles, as well as a Mavic drone for aerial shots. I mostly use PowerDirector for editing, with occasional use of Premier for unusual transitions.
Cool, Thanks man :beer: what setting do you recommend for the Image quality setting...1080p? I think I’m going to hold off on the drone photography for now. I’m thinking about going a different route And doing a more Introspective artistic type Videos. Similar to psychedelic 60s collage stuff. Also talked about some comedy ideas with ilikesnakes.