Grey Treefrog ?

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

dthor68

Grey Treefrog ?

Post by dthor68 »

Hey guys,
I have a grey treefrog that keeps entering my garage. I put him outside in the yard, an hour later he is back in the garage. 3 times now. At the moment it is 62 and raining, tonight is suppose to get cool when the rain moves through. So, should I just let him make himself at home? Seems like it would be to dry in a garage to overwinter.
Jimi

Re: Grey Treefrog ?

Post by Jimi »

If he can come and go at will, I'd trust the animal to be able to make decisions in his own best interests. 62 and raining outside, how low could RH be in the garage? When (not if) it gets too dry in there, he'll boogie.

Plus, it doesn't seem like you're succeeding at keeping him out. Now, maybe if you offered him something even more attractive, he'd forget about that garage! How about a foot or two of 1" PVC pipe strapped to a tree? Ha ha ha.

Hey how'd hurricane season treat you? You near the coast at all?

cheers
dthor68

Re: Grey Treefrog ?

Post by dthor68 »

I am at the foot of the mountains in Greenville Co. We did get a lot of rain from both storms. Sadly, the little treefrog did not return after the last time I put him out. Next time I will let it stay. He can join the Brown Snakes and 5-Lined Skinks that make my garage home.