Dedicated exclusively to field herping.
Moderator: Scott Waters
- Posts: 823
- Joined: June 29th, 2011, 12:56 am
- Location: Belgium
Probably very easy for any US herper, but what species/subspecies are these?
- Posts: 24
- Joined: September 18th, 2018, 11:31 am
- Location: San Francisco Bay area
Best guess is graptemys sp. map turtle
- Posts: 531
- Joined: June 11th, 2010, 5:01 am
- Location: Louisiana
They appear to be standard, farm-raised Pseudemys concinna. They are exported from the USA by tens of thousands each year. As are some Graptemys...
- Posts: 4314
- Joined: October 18th, 2011, 12:03 pm
Yeah. Its a bummer.
It would actually be an arguably more helpful purpose if they were re appropriated as an ethical animal food/protein source, then as the tool of poor learning they uphold.