[Video] Delta Morph California Kingsnake!

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Zonata Don't Exist

[Video] Delta Morph California Kingsnake!

Post by Zonata Don't Exist »

Video of my lifer Delta morph cal king. After herping within Delta morph range all year, I legitimately thought I wouldn't find any (hence my excitement) . The previous eleven kingsnakes I found last night were all completely normal and of the 33 kings I've found in the Central Valley this year, only two were partial blackbellys. Now I just need to find a speckled delta...
mark buck

Re: [Video] Delta Morph California Kingsnake!

Post by mark buck »

Wow congrats, that's a beautiful snake :beer:

I found one this year as well...

Doesn't get much better than a nice black bellied king!
LouB747

Post by LouB747 »

Awesome looking king!
Zonata Don't Exist

Post by Zonata Don't Exist »

That's a really nice golden one, Mark. Looks like it had recently shed too. Counting DORs, I've seen 14 more kings in the valley since last Saturday and still only the one delta, putting my ratio at 47:1 for deltas and 47:3 for partial/golden black bellies. Maybe I'm just unlucky

Here is one of the partial/golden black bellies I found.

mark buck

Post by mark buck »

Thanks, one of my favorite finds of the year so far.

Seems like luck definitely plays a part in finding kingsnake morphs. I only spent 3 days hunting within delta range this year and managed to find one so you just never know. Sounds like you have a nice sample size of kings from that area, I'm sure you'll see more if you keep it up. That's a cool partial black belly, I found a king with a venter just like that down here in Orange County a few years back.

Here's another delta I found in 2016, mostly banded on top with aberrant markings on the sides, and a fully black venter ofcourse...

It's too bad this forum is dead, would be nice to see others post some pics of their delta morph finds, I know many nice ones have been found over the years