wanted box turtle photos

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Kfen

wanted box turtle photos

Post by Kfen »

I am going to be giving a presentation on North American box turtles in a couple weeks and am looking for a few more photos. I am specifically looking for ones showing the habitat in the background and showing box turtles only partially exposed, like in their forms. I do not need any more portrait or up close photos. If you have any that you are willing to share, I would greatly appreciate it. Unfortunately I cannot offer any compensation, but you will be credited. Thank you very much in advance.
Here is a photo of an eastern for fun (not the type Im looking for):
IMG_2798.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
craigb

Re: wanted box turtle photos

Post by craigb »

Hey I have a few from an Arizona trip years ago. We were morning cruising out for a hike near Wilcox and saw this one on the side of the Rd. Sorry, I didn't take many scenery shots in those days. Please credit all photos to Cody Barnes Phd. Oklahoma State University, and Craig Barnes M.S. University of San Francisco.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
craigb

Post by craigb »

2011 trip to University Of Arkansas Little Rock... Unknown marked trail out in the sticks.
craigb

Post by craigb »

Back in the early days of FieldHerpForum we were told not to post pics with surrounding areas and landmarks. Trolls would find the spot and decimate it. By decimate I mean use pry bars to pull cap rock, tear apart downed snags, turn rocks and not replace and take all reptiles found. It was a great time to be a herper, but you had to keep your spots to yourself. Actually we all still do, here in Southern California. There are just far to many herpers here, and many that just don't take care of the environment.
Kfen

Post by Kfen »

Thanks Craig. I appreciate the photos.

I just gave the talk so I do not need anymore if anyone else is reading.
craigb

Post by craigb »

I'm glad you could use them.
I really enjoy seeing them in the wild.

And always take pics....