SWCHR is proud to announce the 2019 Hans F. Koenig Award for Excellence in Herpetological Photography is now accepting entries! Current members of SWCHR can enter for free. Non-members may enter upon receipt of their membership dues* via PayPal to [email protected] or check made out to "SWCHR" and sent to our mailing address PO Box 131262, Spring TX 77393. There is an Adult category and a Junior (under 18 years old) category for entries.
- Entrants may enter up to 3 photos.
- Photos must be emailed to [email protected]. A confirmation email will be sent when photos are successfully received.
- Each photo entered must include species name, county and state where the photo was taken, and the date the photo was taken. Preference is given to photos taken in 2019.
- Must be an animal occurring naturally in the six-state SWCHR region of interest (AZ, CA, NM, NV, TX, UT). While we support research on introduced species, the intent of this award is to showcase native species.
- Captive specimens may be used as subjects but must be photographed in a natural setting.
- Criteria for judging include the following:
-- Choice of subject matter
-- Originality and creativity
-- Viewer impact and appeal
-- Appropriate use/control of light and shadow
-- Overall sharpness of the image and appropriate use of depth-of-field
-- Choice of background
- Deadline for submissions is Friday, Feb 21st.
- Winner will be announced no later than Friday, March 6th.
- Winner in the Adult category will receive $100 cash prize. Winner in the Junior category (under 18 years old) will receive $50 cash prize.
- Winner in the Adult category agrees to the use of their winning photo on the four 2020 issues of the SWCHR Bulletin emailed to members and university partners. Winner in the Junior category agrees to the use of their winning photo as the SWCHR Facebook cover photo for the remainder of calendar year 2020.
*SWCHR membership dues are $20 for individuals, $40 for families, $10 students under 18 or with valid university ID, and $250 for Life Membership.
Dedicated exclusively to field herping.
Moderator: Scott Waters
1 post • Page 1 of 1