Kelly Mc

Re: The Mattress - An ongoing thread of stories from the field

Post by Kelly Mc »

Science is Fun.
Porter

Post by Porter »

Kelly Mc wrote: October 6th, 2020, 11:43 am And to FHF Members

Nice support of a talented, multifaceted member - really exemplifies the stoic fake "keeping up appearances" of lesser minds.

I really dont care that you Porter have your socialized values per responses..

And I cant help it if the status quo is chicken or jealous to remark on your talents, and how they enrich the genre.

Or that B.H isnt as brave as I am. Sitting in the trees. Scratching my shin. ha ha ha.

You deserve aknowledgement and an intelligent, beautiful chick.

- Uncle Lady
🙉
Kelly Mc wrote: October 5th, 2020, 5:51 pm Yay!!

Great films, great character and love for subject.
Porter

Post by Porter »

I’ve been saving this one for Halloween 🎃 I mean, this thing literally looks like it's wearing a snake costume. I have to admit, I didn’t think that damn mattress (or any other mattress) would produce anything at all... Turns out I was wrong 8-) Happy Halloween everyone :beer: Enjoy :crazyeyes:

Song:

The Citizens of Halloween - This Is Halloween
Porter

Post by Porter »

Old photo from the cartoon editing room:
Porter

Post by Porter »

Sorry, I'm late with this... I was originally going to upload this for a Thanksgiving addition 🦃 I've been distracted with other things.I;m gonna try to get something for Christmas together. I wanted to post an Amador arboreal and drove out there last weekend. The fog was so thick I could barely see a car ahead of me. It was literally like driving in a cloud. I almost got in two accidents and when I nearly drove off the road and down a cliff to avoid a semi that had slowly pulled out and was blocking both lanes of opposite flowing traffic... I decided it was best to drive home. There was no way to find the spot I planned to search for them anyway with all the fog. I got out and searched a little at a different place but my knees got the best of me. I did get a little snake footage, so I'll see if I can find something to add with that.

🥇🏆🥇

Also, Special Thanks for the nominations of Best Choreography and Rhythmic Motion Synchronization to Music Ever done in a Field Herping Video Before the Year of 2021 and Best New Artist & Comedic Rap Song in an Underground Congregation of Naturalists and Hobbyists!!! :beer: We'll get em next year🤞
Porter

Post by Porter »

This will complete The Mattress series for the year. It isn't much, but there was at least some small presence beneath the 🎄 iMovie pooped out on me and started freeze-framing at each transition during playback. So, it's actually a good thing that I didn't have much to edit. I went out one night to check on the spea, when we got that first good storm. Saw nothing but DOR adults (about 20 individuals) and hundreds of DOR pseudacris. A bummer for sure but a good sign of a healthy population ♠️🐸♠️
The Mattress will be heading in a new direction for 2021. I've got some ideas in the works, so we'll see how that goes. Hope everyone has good end to the holiday season. 2020 has been a tough year... However, with the return of Luke Skywalker, there is newfound hope for the future :thumb:

❄️🎄🎅🏻🎄❄️

Song:

Cheech & Chong - Santa Claus and His Old Lady
Porter

Post by Porter »

We've got some exciting news!! :D Shit Sneky himself stopped by the Mattress studios recently and gave a live acoustic performance of the 2020 hit single, Shit Sneky! :thumb: We dug up this raw archived pre-recording practice vid to accompany it as well for all the hungry fans writing in for more snakey mattress material. Kick back and enjoy this epic before-it's-time performance by the revolutionary controversial artist :sleep:

We also have an update on The Mattress: season 2 scheduled to begine here with the next month. Unfortunately, it gives us great sadness to announce, all funding for the continuation of the series has been cancelled. A spokesperson at ViperCognitiveCoreRelations said on Friday that lack of good rattlesnake footage may have led to this decision. However, they would not like to comment further on the matter at this time. Crocking Frog Productions has also backed out due to the lack of good writing and storytelling. So, this may be the end of the controversial miniseries at least until further notice. Rumored reports of the series's author & Co-founder, state that the creator has turned his attention to a series of alien breadcrumb trails; that led somewhere off into Nevada's barren deserts; in an attempt to save mankind from their-very-selves. He has not been seen for several weeks.

In other news, It was suggested by Mr Tarrantino and Master Lucas that The Mattress explore into some of the backstory that led up to the original saga! :crazyeyes: So, a documentary, prequel or even a side-story project may be in the works. Unfortunately, until Richard is back from chasing down a giant squid in the desert... we are not authorized to give further comment.

Information on Richard's disappearance can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=25738 We are currently excepting donations to ensure he is safely returned from the 8th dimension.
Porter

Post by Porter »

Greetings herp geeks, freaks, and peeps... It's time to grasp tight to the side of your seats. A backstory project is in the works of the Oscar nominee serpentine-actor, Blind Melan Johnson. Also, known by his alias... Ol' Blind Melly. As we all know now, the actor surprisingly obtained the roll as the melanistic coluber constrictor mormon in the critically acclaimed film The Mattress - Halloween Addition. Many believed he was not up to the task after coming out of retirement from the Effie Yeaw Nature Center. His mysterious disappearance after the film's completion has raised an eyebrow to the outlaw's whereabouts 🤨 An I-Witness report stated the old-timer was seen heading east into the Nevada deserts along The Mexican Blackbird trail. Photos of the snake's recovery after & during his capture in 2014 have surfaced as wanted posters and documented evidence of his now ghostly existence.

+ Without the help of the herp communities finest contributors, the rare specimen surely would have perished +

Before

ImageFotoJet - 2021-01-04T011355.592 by The Singing Frog, on Flickr

ImageFotoJet - 2021-01-04T011505.910 by The Singing Frog, on Flickr

ImageFotoJet - 2021-01-04T011616.706 by The Singing Frog, on Flickr

ImageFotoJet - 2021-01-04T011751.344 by The Singing Frog, on Flickr

ImageFotoJet - 2021-01-04T011927.115 by The Singing Frog, on Flickr

Midway

ImageFotoJet - 2021-01-24T144714.008 by The Singing Frog, on Flickr

After

ImageFotoJet - 2021-01-15T202527.258 by The Singing Frog, on Flickr

ImageFotoJet - 2021-01-15T202659.677 by The Singing Frog, on Flickr

ImageFotoJet - 2021-01-15T202101.929 by The Singing Frog, on Flickr

ImageFotoJet - 2021-01-15T202319.136 by The Singing Frog, on Flickr
Porter

Post by Porter »

Good news…! Richard has returned from the eighth Dimension. The Porter was found just outside of the Sierra Nevada portal at approximately 3:49°
The fate of earth will be resolved shortly… 🌍 🌎 🌏

In other news… Alien sightings of 2021 have become increasingly frequent:

ImageUntitled by The Singing Frog, on Flickr

👽
🚽

……
💬 3:49 - 3.14 = 35 {3+5 = 8} 🥧 😋
👽

(3+4+9 = 16)
(3+1+4 = 8)

If you sat down and 8 π With an alien… Perhaps sum Of the difference could solve your problem

And thus, brings forth the importance of the D8 (d-ate)

You can only find 8 from 3, through reflection… 3D is only half of the solution. However, is the whole 🥧

3.14 (3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197)
The whole piece of the π… is 3

Porter

Post by Porter »

🛸

👽

4am 11/17/2021
Nevada

A vertical chemtrail leading straight down to the top of a church… True story
⛪️

Field a herping has begun for are amphibious little friends…