CHAPTER MEETING!! Feb 12th 6:00 pm Safari Park

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Kent VanSooy

CHAPTER MEETING!! Feb 12th 6:00 pm Safari Park

Post by Kent VanSooy » January 28th, 2011, 10:18 am

It's been a long time since we got together. I know the location (Safari Park, formerly the Wild Animal Park in Escondido) is not good for our NorCal members, so hopefully you can join us in spirit! Our secretary will provide notes, and our very own Bill Townsend has promised an intriguing talk. I'll email the meeting's .ppt presentation to anyone who wants it.

I'll have more details later, but for now, mark your calendars.

PS we'll have cool NAFHA t-shirts available, for the bargain-basement price of 10 bucks!

RobertH

Re: Chapter Meeting!! Feb 12th 6:00 pm Safari Park

Post by RobertH » February 1st, 2011, 2:34 pm

I am thinking of coming to the meeting and am wondering whether I can bring Nicholas. If so, might Jeff's son Matty and/or Bill's daughter Tuesday also be there? I am sure the two/three of them would have a great time together :thumb: I'd volunteer to be in charge of the kids during the actual meeting, i.e., keep them busy, take them outside or whatever.

I am also wondering whether anyone might be able show us around a bit before the event. We would be stoked putting our first ruber or boa (yes, in that order :crazyeyes: ) into the database.

Thanks,

Robert

geckoguy747

Post by geckoguy747 » February 2nd, 2011, 7:19 pm

i am definitely planning on being there! anymore info yet?

billboard

Post by billboard » February 3rd, 2011, 7:29 am

My daughter will be there, and kids are more than welcome. We also encourage people to bring snacks, and or drinks to share with others. This will be our first meeting of the year, and we will be discussing our agenda, as well as any and all ideas that members may have. My talk will be geared on safety in the field, and how we can prepare ourselves to avoid accident and injury. We will also have time for socializing, and to exchange contact info. Come to the meeting............get involved!

Kent or Jeff............feel free to chime in here and add some hype!

hellihooks

Post by hellihooks » February 3rd, 2011, 7:44 am

Robert and Nic,
I will certainly be going, and while I don't know that area very well, I do have a great private property spot, that the owner allows me to herp... definantly ruber and rosys there, along with bout everything else. I herp most the day, and then hit the meeting... lets do this thing... :thumb: jim
Out the door right now... be back Sun.

Steve Bledsoe

Post by Steve Bledsoe » February 6th, 2011, 9:24 am

Dick Dunn, Noah Anderson, Rich Rang and I will be there.

Looking forward to it.

billboard

Re: CHAPTER MEETING!! Feb 12th 6:00 pm Safari Park

Post by billboard » February 7th, 2011, 3:25 pm

Don't forget to bring some snacks. Such as cookies, a cake, chips, veggies and the like, as well as any sodas, juice or water or whatever. This meeting is also a very social event, and nothing says fun like crunching on a bunch of yummy munchies! I'm even going to attempt to bake a cake!

We used to do these meetings every month during the active field herping season. This meeting's attendance will help us determine whether or not we will do the same thing this year.

Please come out and join us.

We will have a few computers available to demonstrate how simple and painless it is to enter data into the data base on naherp. Why, it's so easy, they can train monkeys to do it!

Ted

Post by Ted » February 7th, 2011, 4:46 pm

I'll be there! :thumb: Can't wait to go. Hope to meet a bunch of you :beer:

devilfish79

Post by devilfish79 » February 7th, 2011, 5:28 pm

Kent,

I would love to have the PPT sent to me. Let me know if you can't access my e-mail from the forum and I'll PM it to you. This weekend I'll be at the NARBC in Arlington, TX and visiting with some family there. I hope you guys have a great meeting!

Cheers,
Erik

Rothdigga

Post by Rothdigga » February 7th, 2011, 8:26 pm

I'll be there as well. Being new to the forum it'll be good to see who/what everything is all about.

Jeff Lemm

Post by Jeff Lemm » February 8th, 2011, 11:11 am

The gate code for the mtg is 8621

hellihooks

Post by hellihooks » February 8th, 2011, 3:19 pm

Are we gonna get e-mails with directions, or can someone just post them?

Kent VanSooy

Post by Kent VanSooy » February 8th, 2011, 3:34 pm

The meeting will be at the Institute for Conservation Research, located next to the Safari Park (formerly Wild Animal Park) in Escondido, CA. The entrance to the Institute is the first driveway east of the main Safari Park entrance, on San Pasqual Valley Road. Once you turn into the driveway, you’ll see a gate ahead. Enter the four-digit code of 8621 (good only for Saturday night) to open the gate (note that each button on the gate codes for two numbers). Turn left after going through the gate, then the last building on the right houses the meeting room. Absolutely no live animals are allowed to be brought onto Zoo grounds from the outside. No alcohol is allowed.

Please bring some snacks to share. And, NAFHA t-shirts will be available, for the bargain-basement price of $10! We’ll look forward to seeing you there.

Ted

Post by Ted » February 12th, 2011, 9:03 am

I'm sick :( i really wanted to be there, but i can't, so would someone send me the powerpoint please?

Ted

Post by Ted » February 13th, 2011, 8:04 am

if you need my e-mail tell me and i'll PM it to you