herping with Nat

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Mulebrother

herping with Nat

Post by Mulebrother »

A few weeks ago, We had an opportunity to get out and herp with Natalie from CA! We had a decent day, but of course all the 'gimmes' we never found...so hopefully she'll come back so we can knock those off. Cave salamander...really? not even one? Unbelievable.

Not much commentary...other than I had a great time herping! Come back real soon!
Natalie McNear

Re: herping with Nat

Post by Natalie McNear »

Nice shots, Brad! They're great, I dunno what you were talking about in my thread. :lol: One thing I wish I had done while I was down there was get some good habitat shots, because Arkansas looks pretty crazy (cacti in forests? WTF?) and nothing like Northern California. I had a great time down there and really want to go back to get some more hoggies. They are so awesome. I don't think I'll ever get sick of finding them, like Rubber Boas.

I bet you're pretty jealous of Jeremy right now, huh? :lol: He needs to get on here and post his shots from the past couple days!
ksuglennj

Post by ksuglennj »

Natalie McNear wrote:I bet you're pretty jealous of Jeremy right now, huh? :lol: He needs to get on here and post his shots from the past couple days!
So your telling me this time he either took his camera or didn't loose his cell? It is a special occasion when the hulk actually posts pics.

Oh yeah, and B nice shots.

Glenn
Zach_Lim

Post by Zach_Lim »

I spy a SWEET MISFITS tat!
We are 138! we are 138!

Man, I wish I could go herping for Heterdon one day!
justinm

Post by justinm »

What are you calling your kings there? Blacks, speckled? We call those in Illinois Shawnee Kings. I found one two days ago that looks like those. The habitat looks good, I'd like to get my boots on it.
Mulebrother

Post by Mulebrother »

Justin- theys just speckled kings down here...

Natalie/Glenn-
Yeah, that rat b@stard keeps sending me cell phone pics of nor pacs and rubber boas while i'm stuck here at my desk. Supposedly, he took his camera and has taken pics...but like glenn, I will believe it when i see them!
Sounds like ya'll have done good though- good thing too, i think most of our snakes have drowned. :cry:
Tired of RAIN!