Diablo Range herpin'

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Richard F. Hoyer

Re: Diablo Range herpin'

Post by Richard F. Hoyer »

Jeff,
Back in the late 1960’s or early 1970’s, I was in contact with a high school student from Richmond (I believe), Alexander K. Johnson, who found a fair number of boas in the vicinity of San Pablo reservoir / Tilden Regional Park. I believe the elevations where Alexander found the species was at around 1000 feet and below. I believe his father was a professor at UC Berkeley. Alexander went to Humboldt St. U. and not long afterwards, he ‘disappeared’.

Knowing C. bottae occurs in the Berkeley – Oakland hills and then on Mt. Hamilton, I have wondered if the species occurs between those two regions as there are hills with elevations from 1000 to over 3000 ft. in the areas between San Pablo Res. / Tilden Regional Park and Mt. Hamilton.

Richard FH
Porter

Re: Diablo Range herpin'

Post by Porter »

I’m shocked I didn’t make a comment on the bullfrog… :lol: :lol: :lol: I probably had seen a few photos circulating of some bay area bullfrogs like that, Before this,and it wasn’t that big of a deal at this point. But I’m gonna say it now… That bullfrog is just beautiful :thumb:

Also, Owen...I need a mini bass For some recording’s next year. Let’s get together and talk prices on some of your handiwork...

-Porter