Crosspost from CA Chapter: Countdown from the San Gabriels

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Schell

Crosspost from CA Chapter: Countdown from the San Gabriels

Post by Schell »

I spent 9 days over the last couple of weeks in the Northern San Gabriels. Most of my time I spent watching others work :roll: , but each morning, I strolled around my invisible prison to see what I could find. Jim, Josh, Scott and I also went out to the "Spot" to look for a target I needed pictures of.

Since few of you you probably saw the helleri from my post in the CA Chapter last week: here are some shots of s stunner SoPac that I found a couple weeks ago.

Southern Pacific Rattlesnake (Crotalus oreganus helleri)

In-situ

I looked for her again - found where she was hanging out. The next morning, I found an exit track, then nothing. I turned around just in time to see what I think (pretty sure) was a Salvadora zip down a burrow. I watched the opening for the next 3 hours, but it did not resurface :cry: .

Although few and far between, I tried to make the most of my time, and managed to find some cool, nay, pretty awesome critters and came out of it pretty damned pleased considering. I was also stoked for the opportunity to put my new wide-angle lens to use. So, to countdown the finds of the last couple of weeks. I offer these in no chronological order whatsoever.

Four Coast Horned Lizards (Phrynosoma blainvillii):

Three Great Basin Collared Lizards (Crotaphytus bicinctores):

Two Great Basin Fence Lizards (Sceloporous occidentalis longipes)

One California Legless Lizard (Anniella pulchra):

.....And.... One Arroyo Toad (Anaxyrus californicus) metamorph:

For those of you keeping track, you'll notice I had two number 1's - It's my post, deal with it... :lol:

Thanks for looking,

I'm also going to take the opportunity to plug my Facebook page - Please "like" Rob Schell Photography (http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/page ... 3213035821) - my photos are usually up there before they make it to FHF.

Cheers,

Rob
crazybout_herps328

Re: Crosspost from CA Chapter: Countdown from the San Gabrie

Post by crazybout_herps328 »

very nice finds
moloch

Re: Crosspost from CA Chapter: Countdown from the San Gabrie

Post by moloch »

You've taken some excellent photos. I really like that first shot of the Collared Lizard.