Saying hello!

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Jaffo

Saying hello!

Post by Jaffo » August 23rd, 2011, 3:02 pm

Hey everyone! I've seen a few familiar names, scanned a few threads, and I can say this feels a bit like home. :) I ran into Scott last year at the Anaheim show, and went away feeling pretty good about the guy, but forgot all about his forum. Anyway... all you fools from the old days hit me up on this thread and say hi, will ya? Unless you want to fight like you did in the old days. Sheesh... some people never let the silly crap go. Nice to be back in a naturalist crowd again. ;)

:beer: :beer:

JAFFO
Jeff Jaffo Miller on FB
http://sevenbearphotography.zenfolio.com

Eric East

Re: Saying hello!

Post by Eric East » August 23rd, 2011, 4:45 pm

Welcome dude! I dont' want to fight. :beer:

gbin

Post by gbin » August 23rd, 2011, 4:46 pm

Well, I'll be! Here I finally end my FieldHerpForum hiatus of several months (life got incredibly busy for a while there), and within a week of my return I see a first FHF post by one of the first people I ever met on an internet herp forum! Nice to see you, Jaffo!

This is an awesome place, a lot like "not allowed"'s field herping forum was back in the day but without that website's Dark Overlord and his Minions, and I'm sure you'll love it here!

:beer:

Gerry (Binczik)

chad ks

Post by chad ks » August 23rd, 2011, 7:42 pm

Fundad - Jaffo threads, epic. Forum's a lot nicer these days. :lol: :beer:

reptilist

Post by reptilist » August 23rd, 2011, 8:57 pm

Welcome to FHF Jaffo!

Lyle

Post by Lyle » August 23rd, 2011, 10:57 pm

Howdy. I think the people here are too busy herping to find the time for a good fight. Kinda sad, really. :sleep: I think you'll like it here, anyway. It's a lot different than KS. Many of the posts on FHF read like well-written articles from National Geographic. Geat pictures and stories from all over the world.

chris_mcmartin

Post by chris_mcmartin » August 24th, 2011, 3:50 am

Jaffo wrote:Hey everyone!
Holy nuts!

Nice to be back in a naturalist crowd again.
Aren't those the folks that run around in the woods nekkid? :lol:

johneddington

Post by johneddington » August 24th, 2011, 5:34 am

What's up Jaffo. Still talk to the Feldners much?

reptilist

Post by reptilist » August 24th, 2011, 6:25 am

Unsolicited testimonial:
Jaffo, this forum is fantastic with wildlife variety and dedicated contributors! The moderators are excellent in their duties.
I also want to recommend the magazine subscription.... It is the best herp magazine I've ever seen and is not a rehash of what is posted here.
Overall, just an excellent environment to encourage field herping and associated etiquette.
Looking forward to your field herping/exploration contributions!

Dan Krull

Post by Dan Krull » August 24th, 2011, 6:56 am

Lyle wrote:Howdy. I think the people here are too busy herping to find the time for a good fight. Kinda sad, really. :sleep: I think you'll like it here, anyway. It's a lot different than KS. Many of the posts on FHF read like well-written articles from National Geographic. Geat pictures and stories from all over the world.
reptilist wrote:Unsolicited testimonial:
Jaffo, this forum is fantastic with wildlife variety and dedicated contributors! The moderators are excellent in their duties.
I also want to recommend the magazine subscription.... It is the best herp magazine I've ever seen and is not a rehash of what is posted here.
Overall, just an excellent environment to encourage field herping and associated etiquette.

Huzzah!

Dan

Jaffo

Post by Jaffo » August 24th, 2011, 8:19 am

Thanks guys. I was kidding about the fighting. I don't want to at all, it's just something people remember. Haha. Met Fundad for the first time last year in Anaheim, and he STILL wanted to punch me out in person after 15 years. Yeah... I don't play like that. :roll:

Anyway...
johneddington wrote:What's up Jaffo. Still talk to the Feldners much?
I haven't in a little while, mainly because I moved to the other side of town, and haven't been in the herping game as much in the last few years, at least not in AZ. Was going to Louisiana a lot, and hit South Africa last December, and even though AZ is a herp mecca, I got a little burnt out after hitting the field 3 times a week with Marty for 4 years or so. Haha.
reptilist wrote:Unsolicited testimonial:
Sounds amazing. I did see Scott's first issue of the magazine when I met him, and I was fully impressed. COmpletely spaced getting a subscription, but I will now. ;)

Good to see you guys!

ChrisNM

Post by ChrisNM » August 24th, 2011, 8:31 am

I know the forum's been fairly slow this year compared to years prior, but I didn't think it'd gotten slow enough to get Jaffo out of the wood work.

Hell, this post has even got Eddington adding to his mountain of a post count! :shock:

johneddington

Post by johneddington » August 24th, 2011, 10:27 am

Hey ChrisNM...

Hope all is well. Yea, I am amazed at so many pictures on this site so often, why bother post myself LOL. I did hatch a nest of baby snappers...maybe I should post those on the herpeteculture section :)

Married and all grown up, and your buddy Ian on the aisle soon. Glad to see your successes!

Jaffo

Post by Jaffo » August 24th, 2011, 10:48 am

Good to see both of you guys. And Chris, from the looks of things, even on a slow year this forum appears to be better in most ways than pretty much any field herping forum I can remember.