Nominations for 2012 International Board Member

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Kent VanSooy

Nominations for 2012 International Board Member

Post by Kent VanSooy »

Nominations for California 2012 International Board Member

Along with the chapter president, there is one "At Large" representative seat on the International Board of Directors.

Current “At Large” representative is Hellihooks.

Please use this post to nominate someone or yourself for the International Board Member of the California Chapter. The nomination period runs through the end of November.

For information on the office, see the bylaws – http://www.nafha.org/bylaws
Kent VanSooy

Re: Nominations for 2012 International Board Member

Post by Kent VanSooy »

I'd like to nominate Hellihooks (Jim Bass) for the 2012 "at large" International Board Member. Who will second the nomination?
Fundad

Post by Fundad »

I would like to be an IBM, if someone wants to nominate me.

Fundad
Taylor Henry

Post by Taylor Henry »

I nominate Fundad for the 2012 "at large" International Board member.
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Wow - we might get an actual election at a position? I'd love to see more of that!
hellihooks

Post by hellihooks »

I don't look forward to it... I'd like to see Brian as an IBM, but not necessarily by replacing me.... :( :lol: :lol: No way around it, I guess... unless Brian becomes VP, and the incoming Pres asked him to assist in his IBM duties (which technically, I believe he could, according to the bylaws) Other than those two possibilities...there's only running for Pres himself, for Brian to be on the Board... :) jim
Taylor Henry

Post by Taylor Henry »

Yeah, I have no qualms with Jim. I nominated Fundad for this position because I think he would really benefit the IB. I really like the idea of Jonathan being president, so the only other way Fundad would get on it through the California Chapter is from this position.

However, there is also the International Coordinator position. Assuming he is up for it, I think he would be a great candidate for International Coordinator.
RobertH

Post by RobertH »

I am not familiar with the position involved here, but I really would like to see Fundad hold some sort of office where his broad expertise comes to bear. So, I second his nomination.

Robert
Steve Bledsoe

Post by Steve Bledsoe »

I second Jim's (Hellihooks) nomination for CA Chapter IBM
Fundad

Post by Fundad »

I accept my nomination to be the "at large" International Board Member.

Thank you for the kind words and nomination. It would be an honor, if elected, to serve our members.

@Jim, I am apologize if this gets in the way of what you want. This is nothing personal and you are an asset to NAFHA and if your elected over me, you will be great for us on the board. As you know I am focused on data entry and would like to bring that focus to the board with me for us. I hope me running for this position isn't taken personally and that we remain friends through it all.

Fundad
hellihooks

Post by hellihooks »

Fundad wrote: @Jim, I am apologize if this gets in the way of what you want. This is nothing personal and you are an asset to NAFHA and if your elected over me, you will be great for us on the board. As you know I am focused on data entry and would like to bring that focus to the board with me for us. I hope me running for this position isn't taken personally and that we remain friends through it all.

Fundad
Of course Brian. Our goals are very similar...I (hope) to focus on recruitment of new members, which goes hand-in-hand with public education.... but we both agree that growing the database is key. Good luck to you, sir... :D If Pingleton declines the nomination for IC, you should seriously consider your nomination... I think it only proper that our incoming IC should be a Data-entry leader, committed to the database, now that Steve has accomplished what he was elected for... his organizational acumen. :thumb: jim
BTW... great job Steve... THANKS!
Brian Hubbs

Post by Brian Hubbs »

I 9th Fundad for IB at large. :lol:
Steve Bledsoe

Post by Steve Bledsoe »

If Brian is going to now run for president then this opens the chapter IB officer race for Jim with no competition. If someone else wants to run for it, that's good, but I'd like to reinforce the nomination of Jim Bass for our chapter IB officer at large whether he pursues a chapter officer position or not.
hellihooks

Post by hellihooks »

Sure... for as long as the IB remains extant. :roll: tween Brian and I, we (I would guess) would be able to accurately represent what our members want... :) jim