Herp Lecture in Philadelphia

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

billysbrown

Herp Lecture in Philadelphia

Post by billysbrown »

Hi Folks,

Please forgive me for posting something that is not strictly about field herping in our region, but the herp curator at the Philadelphia Zoo has been involved in amphibian work in post-earthquake Haiti, and he'll be talking about it in the context of a wider preservation effort there on January 30th at the Free Library in Philly. I will try to make it, and I think our people in the region might find it interesting. Here's the official event info:

Event info:
A Vanishing Kingdom: Tracing the Origins of the Environmental Destruction of Haiti
Monday, January 30, 7:00 P.M.
Free Library of Philadelphia, Parkway Central Library, Skyline Room, 1901 Vine St., 215-567-7710
Join Dr. Garvey Lundy of Montgomery County Community College and Dr. Carlos Martinez Rivera of the Philadelphia Zoo as they explore how social conditions in Haiti affect the island’s flora and fauna, and how, in the wake of the 2010 earthquake, the Philadelphia Zoo is working to establish conservation strategies to save more than 40 plant and animal species native to the island. For more information on One Book events, visit freelibrary.org/onebook.
EyezOfTheWorld

Re: Herp Lecture in Philadelphia

Post by EyezOfTheWorld »

hey billy .....i just moved to west philly ....shoot me a pm and let me know how everythings doing .i think im relatively close to you