Florida Burmese Python Hunter

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Python Dave

Florida Burmese Python Hunter

Post by Python Dave »

Hello My name is David and I am a Licensed Reptile of Concern Hunter in Florida.
Please enjoy some photos of my recent catches and feel free to add yours or ask questions. I have tried to load some pictures on this site but I am a computer dummy (but really good at catching pythons)
so please enjoy.
facebook.com/FloridaBurmesePythonHunter

Please click like if you like the page

Thank you
David Leibman
Gyri

Re: Florida Burmese Python Hunter

Post by Gyri »

Welcome aboard Dave. I checked out your facebook page and was wondering what you do with the pythons after you catch them. Cheers!
Python Dave

Post by Python Dave »

We must collect data for the state biologists. Gps Location, Temperature, conditions where they were captured, weight, Length, and stomach contents. unfortunately they must be euthanized. However I have been fotunate with some of my captures going toward being training snakes to teach others how to catch and handle them. They are such a beautiful species . It is not their fault they are here. But we must protect our Fragile eco-system in the Everglades/
SnakeStick

Post by SnakeStick »

Those are some healthy burms. What's the largest you've captured? What's the most common food item found?

And just in case you want to post some pics, this might help......viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9749
Gyri

Post by Gyri »

Thanks Dave. I was assumed they were euthanized but was confused by that bit on your facebook page in the title (It's about catching not killing) so I wondered what the heck the other option is with burms. You're probably the first person ever to join this forum with the intro, "I kill snakes on purpose" not to get chewed out viciously by everybody else on the board.
Python Dave

Post by Python Dave »

The Largest Burmese so far was 17 ft. 164 lbs and it had the remains of an aligator inside. We tend to find a variety of past meals inside them ranging from birds to raccoons. However, they have no predators, they can take what they want. Python hunting to me is about catching and protecting our eco system. If you do not have a humane way to euthanize your captures, you can drop them off and a Vet, or Biologist will do it for you.

Unfortunately these beautiful reptiles have to be euthanized. Even though it is not their fault that they are living here, they do not belong here. Our Fragile Eco-System must come first.