Post subject: Troll on Craigslist
PostPosted: November 21st, 2012, 6:41 pm 

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/pet/3426325475.html

Just in case it gets removed:
Quote:
Warning: Turtles & Salmonella UPDATE

Date: 2012-11-21, 5:46PM MST
Reply to: see below

st wanted everyone to know you can get salmonella from turtles. my friend bet me i couldn't fit my turtle in my mouth so i put it in there (for just a few seconds). well i few days later i had diarrhea, vomiting and a fever for a week and the dr. told me i had salmonella. i accidently gave it to my gf too (to the person that said it can't be gotten this way: YES it can!). so whatever you do, don't get a turtle from the largest reptile store in abq. unless you and your girlfriend want salmonella.
NOTE: the store i bought it from didn't say NOT to put it into my mouth, they didn't give me those instructions. that would've been helpful.
since i had to cut off the turtle's head (so it could be tested for rabies) i need another one. anyone have any ideas where i should get one that will not give me salmonella?

UPDATE: OK so i've managed to get my hands on another turtle-it's a large alligator snapper and to be honest i don't care HOW much anyone bets me, i'm not getting it anywhere near my mouth or my face. this thing is vicious!
i've been keeping it in my bathroom and dangling my penis near it's snout. i know--i'm a daredevil! will i get salmonella if it latches onto my unit?

Post subject: Re: Troll on Craigslist
PostPosted: November 21st, 2012, 7:40 pm 

WTF PEOPLE ARE STUPID... STORE NEVER TOLD YOU NOT TO PUT IT IN YOUR MOUTH???

"err ah, I just bought this here bottle of bleach and put it in my mouth, yah I am going to blame the store, yes I am that f--ing stupid."

You should have replied:

Just in case you didn't know, here are some other freaking obvious warnings...
http://www.rinkworks.com/said/warnings.shtml

Profile WWW 
PostPosted: November 22nd, 2012, 4:16 pm 

It specifically says "do not injest" on a bottle of bleach. Thats how we now not to drink it. I think all animals sold in pet stores should have similar warnings tatood on their bellies for human safety.

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2012, 6:09 pm 

I guess since we're on a field herping forum we're supposed to take this kind of stuff seriously and get upset about it. :roll:

I personally find it funny, and it's just some guy trying to get a rise out of someone and having a good laugh at it.

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2012, 7:58 pm 

Soopaman wrote:
I guess since we're on a field herping forum we're supposed to take this kind of stuff seriously and get upset about it. :roll:

I personally find it funny, and it's just some guy trying to get a rise out of someone and having a good laugh at it.

My thoughts exactly. I laughed at this, it's clearly satire.

PostPosted: November 22nd, 2012, 11:43 pm 

How can you just laugh it off. The beheading of a baby turtle is no laughing matter. Not to mention that it was probaby red eared slider. Due to the pet trade selling them so cheaply to irresponsible pet owners the are now on the decline and could go extinct.

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2012, 3:57 am 

Mike Waters wrote:
How can you just laugh it off. The beheading of a baby turtle is no laughing matter. Not to mention that it was probaby red eared slider. Due to the pet trade selling them so cheaply to irresponsible pet owners the are now on the decline and could go extinct.

I think they are laughing it off because the entire thing is probably just a joke and never happened.

Wait ... I just re-read your post. Red-ears going extinct??? Now you're the one with jokes.

Profile WWW 
PostPosted: November 23rd, 2012, 6:53 am 

Daryl Eby wrote:
Mike Waters wrote:

I think they are laughing it off because the entire thing is probably just a joke and never happened.

Wait ... I just re-read your post. Red-ears going extinct??? Now you're the one with jokes.

;)

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2012, 7:24 am 

I hope it is real and the idiot is dangling his hardware in front of an AST! :thumb:

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2012, 9:57 am 

I used to see hundreds of sliders in the canals around me house here in Ca. Yesterday i only saw around 80. I believe this is reason for concern

You guys are way too gullible

PostPosted: November 23rd, 2012, 3:04 pm 

Quote:
since i had to cut off the turtle's head (so it could be tested for rabies)

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: That reminds me of when I worked at an animal shelter and would have people call and say, "The birds outside are making all this noise!!! I think they may have RABIES!!!" (Hey, at least they didn't say the birds were making all this noise and it sounded like BabaBOOEY.)

Quote:
UPDATE: OK so i've managed to get my hands on another turtle-it's a large alligator snapper and to be honest i don't care HOW much anyone bets me, i'm not getting it anywhere near my mouth or my face. this thing is vicious!
i've been keeping it in my bathroom and dangling my penis near it's snout. i know--i'm a daredevil! will i get salmonella if it latches onto my unit?

There's a very mean-spirited part of me that wishes this update was true, except I wouldn't want this person in possession of any turtle.

PostPosted: November 26th, 2012, 10:13 am 

they probably got the idea from watching JA or wildboyz. well since dunn is long done, maybe they should try the show and be the next dunn :lol: seriously though, don't do such things in the first place-it wasn't the breeder, nor the vendor's fault. it was the person's who put the turtle in his or her mouth.

PostPosted: November 30th, 2012, 9:35 am 

This guy is just dumb even if it is fake hes gonna get a ton of nasty comments from people who keep and love turtles

PostPosted: May 1st, 2018, 10:15 pm 

When someone responds seriously to a troll post in order to inform him not to respond seriously to a troll post. :lol:

Profile WWW 
PostPosted: June 18th, 2018, 3:25 pm 

OU812..... Phonetically :thumb: