I have another question my helpful fellow herpers haha

Extended discussion forum.

Moderator: Scott Waters

jacy

I have another question my helpful fellow herpers haha

Post by jacy » July 29th, 2010, 12:51 am

I have been wanting a a ball python or an iguana, but my question is when the animal cops or the pound stop and make a bust on those people wit hundreds of amphibians and reptiles for treatinf them poorly where do they? like when people treat dogs badly they go to the pound what bout snakes and stuff??

thanK you all once again

JACY BENTON

BradB

Re: I have another question my helpful fellow herpers haha

Post by BradB » July 29th, 2010, 3:11 am

If you are looking to adopt a ball python or iguana just google reptile rescue and whatever state you live in. You are bound to get some hits. Also, if you look on petfinder.com and search for reptiles there are usually an abundance of ball pythons and iguanas.

chris_mcmartin

Post by chris_mcmartin » July 29th, 2010, 9:08 am

jacy wrote:like when people treat dogs badly they go to the pound what bout snakes and stuff??
If prior coordination is in place, the authorities can place confiscated animals with a rescue facility, a zoo/museum, and/or a local herp club.

If the authorities don't know where to look for such options, they keep the animals in poorer conditions than the breeders did, and many of them die. Even if the herp keeper is later acquitted of all charges, they may get back a fraction of what was seized. I do not recall any record of financial compensation for animals which died while in custody. But I digress.

Paul White

Post by Paul White » July 29th, 2010, 9:17 am

I thought after California's mess with "Operation Reptile Ranching" some people were recompensated after the sting blew up?

jacy

Post by jacy » July 29th, 2010, 9:22 pm

Thank you guys, i could not find where herps go when they are seized or relinquished :| :?