How Hilarious is this bunch of crap?

Extended discussion forum.

Moderator: Scott Waters

RockRatt Rich Morgan

How Hilarious is this bunch of crap?

Post by RockRatt Rich Morgan » August 4th, 2010, 6:59 pm

Ok I know we ALL have seen this before but I do not remember reading how stupid some people must be. This is from an email my mother in law sent me. Do people REALLY believe this kind of crap. Sure that is a BIG rattlesnake, but SERIOUSLY? Pay attention to the Email message I copied and pasted below that was attached with these pics.

Guess what was found just south of Jacksonville, near the St. Augustine outlet, in a new KB Homes subdivision? THIS IS NOT A PYTHON ! This is a 15 foot Eastern Diamondback rattlesnake! A bite from those fangs would equal being penetrated by two 1/4 inch screwdrivers! This snake was probably alive when George H. W. Bush was President! It is believed to be the largest ever caught, on record. After seeing this, I did a little research, and learned the following: One bite from a snake this large contains enough venom to kill over 40 full grown men. The head alone is larger than the hand of a normal sized man. A snake this size could easily swallow a 2 year-old child & has an approximately 5 1/2 foot accurate striking distance. The distance for an average size Rattlesnake is about 2 feet. Judging by the size of the snake, it is estimated to weigh over 170 pounds. How much do you weigh? Ha! Bet you don’t tell your age either! corn

LBenton

Re: How Hilarious is this bunch of crap?

Post by LBenton » August 5th, 2010, 4:35 am

So.... it eats two year old children... was on the internet and must be true.

Why do people find this stuff so easy to believe yet years of research and data are not worth much of anything to the media.

hellihooks

Post by hellihooks » August 5th, 2010, 5:10 am

170 lbs...wow. that much weight would rip it's head right off... like us getting picked up my our weiner... :lol: :lol: jim
going to the show Rich? pm me... :thumb:

kansascrote

Post by kansascrote » August 5th, 2010, 6:20 am

Those men in that photo are HEROS! They risk their lives to take that very majestic 15-20 year old or more predator and turn it into a cheap side show? Yes, I think the animal needed to be at least relocated. I will never understand people?

TravisK

Post by TravisK » August 5th, 2010, 10:03 am

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I hate it when misinformation gets spread like a virus.

OH, and to answer the OP's Q... It isn't funny at all.

Bryan Hamilton

Post by Bryan Hamilton » August 5th, 2010, 10:17 am

I agree its not really funny at all.

Reposting is justing perpetuating the misinformation. Just delete these and move on.

RockRatt Rich Morgan

Post by RockRatt Rich Morgan » August 5th, 2010, 1:15 pm

Bryan Hamilton wrote:I agree its not really funny at all.

Reposting is justing perpetuating the misinformation. Just delete these and move on.
I agree it is NOT FUNNY, it was sarcasm. I would rather post it here so as a group we can try correcting this load of crap.I replied to the original email I received from my mother in law about facts about Eastern Diamond backs normal size and what would be considered a large DB.Letting her know these are camera tricks that make the snakes look EXTRA LARGE. also told her these kind of storied are a bunch of crap. So I am NOT perpetuating this false info and DO NOT forward these once I have received them. So moving on is NOT an option as long as mis-information is out there and I can try to correct it. I do see what you are saying and again I am not keeping it going. Rich

Bryan_Hughes

Post by Bryan_Hughes » August 5th, 2010, 6:04 pm

The best part is the number of emails I've received from people who are flat out lying ... not because of the misinformation of the topic itself, but the "My brother took these" or "A guy I work with is holding the pole". A guy on Twitter who was posting this around told me just the other day that he routinely kills 8'+ diamondbacks in WYOMING.

kansascrote

Post by kansascrote » August 5th, 2010, 6:07 pm

Man they found my spot in WYOMING!

ALDABRAMAN

Post by ALDABRAMAN » November 5th, 2010, 12:49 am

SAD!