Turtle fed puppy

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

jonathan

Turtle fed puppy

Post by jonathan »

Turtle euthanized after teacher allegedly feeds it puppy

Basically, a puppy that wasn't going to make it anyway was fed to a turtle and the world went crazy.
The story generated outrage across the Internet, and police said they are increasing security at schools in the district because of threats linked to the alleged March 7 incident.

"It was enough of a threat that our parents thought we ought to have a bit of a presence over there," Preston Police Chief Mike Peterson said Friday. He said two police officers and four Franklin County sheriff’s deputies were stationed at schools on Thursday that are normally patrolled by one sheriff’s deputy. The district doesn’t hold classes on Fridays, but officers may return to provide added security on Monday.

Preston parent Farahlyn Hansen said she is upset about the treatment the teacher has received, not the act of feeding the puppy to the turtle, which she called "humane." Hansen's two boys were among the three students who witnessed the act, the Preston Citizen reported.

"My kids are very upset about the way (he) is being portrayed in the news," Hansen told the Citizen. "I'm outraged at people making the comments they have about him. He's spent his whole life showing kids how to care for and feed animals."

:o
Brian Hubbs

Re: Turtle fed puppy

Post by Brian Hubbs »

What a load of nonsense...
Bryan Hamilton

Post by Bryan Hamilton »

Now the lady that reported it is being threatened. Good times.
Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

Poorly founded lesson concept.
Bryan Hamilton

Post by Bryan Hamilton »

Kelly Mc wrote:Poorly founded lesson concept.
Or the poorest ever...