It is currently December 10th, 2018, 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: New member intro
PostPosted: April 1st, 2014, 9:43 pm 

Let me preface this post with the following: I apologize if this is posted in the wrong forum area, and I apologize if this website does not typically do "new member intros" but I'm used to doing it from other forums I've joined, so...

My name is Matt. I live north of Seattle, WA. I'm an amateur nature photographer (hobby for now, pro in the future). I joined this forum because, as I expand my photography subject matter, I've come back to one of my childhood passions..herps! As a teen, I had a number of reptile and amphibian pets. Now I am becoming interested again in them, but for photography.

As I was recently planning an upcoming nature photo trip to central WA for birds and other wildlife, it occured to me that I might come across some exciting reptile opportunities. I'm crossing my fingers for some pygmy short horned lizards, whatever other lizards I can find, and maybe my first rattlesnake. I'll do my best, and bring back whatever photos I can get.

Hopefully this post is not out of place, and I look forward to joining the community.

Sincerely,

Matt
https://www.flickr.com/photos/matt-schwartz/

Profile WWW 
 Post subject: Re: New member intro
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2014, 1:02 am 

Thanks for posting Matt! I'm Jonathan from St. Helens, Oregon (my sister lives up in Port Orchard), though now I live in India. We could always use more people from the Northwest.

The site definitely does new member intros, but usually they're in the respective regional forum. That way you have a better chance of getting in touch with other herpers in your area. I recommend that you post this same message in the Northwest forum here:

http://www.fieldherpforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=8

Profile WWW 
 Post subject: Re: New member intro
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2014, 6:08 pm 

Thank you, Jonathan, I will repost as you suggest. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Profile WWW