It is currently December 10th, 2017, 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: They're out! buzzers, thamnophis, and pits
PostPosted: April 15th, 2015, 4:35 pm 

Its easy to refer to Fringe in the third person because its like the cowardly Fringe isnt really here.

A cyber imprinted sedentary web golem with a poorly conceived username that brings to mind not being on the outskirts, but cheap, superfluous fabric.

Fringe scours through threads for names instead of study and spends more time sitting down than standing up.

PostPosted: April 16th, 2015, 10:02 am 

gbin wrote:
It is increasingly apparent that "fringe's" posts to this thread, his only posts to date here at FHF, are nothing but examples of how known individuals with known personal grudges use anonymity to attack people they don't like in an internet forum from a seemingly new front, and to make it appear as if the denigrating view they want held of those people is widespread.
His?!? For a scientist, you sure assume a lot. My assertions still stand, there is less activity on the FHF than compared to 2-3 years ago and you like to debate/argue. One person asked you on this thread several times to quit attacking them personally and the other one congratulated you for derailing yet another thread. I merely did a quick search on your posts to see this seemed to be a pattern with you and pointed that out.

Quote:
Is anyone wondering who the source of the cowardice and malice behind "fringe" really is? Not me, as I don't care to concern myself with miscreants just because they've placed me on some kind of foolish enemy's list. I do wonder, though, how they manage to live with themselves behaving so dishonorably...
You like to debate/argue, pointing that out doesn't make me a coward or malicious. I could change my name to frin and get a cartoon character as my avatar if that would help? You're using strong words for such a simple observation on my part. Cowardice? Malice? Miscreant? Enemy?

Kelly Mc wrote:
with a poorly conceived username
Kelly Mc Hammer, really? Can't touch this.

PostPosted: April 16th, 2015, 10:12 am 

It is increasingly apparent that "fringe's" posts to this thread, his only posts to date here at FHF, are nothing but examples of how known individuals with known personal grudges use anonymity to attack people they don't like in an internet forum from a seemingly new front, and to make it appear as if the denigrating view they want held of those people is widespread.

Is anyone wondering who the source of the cowardice and malice behind "fringe" really is? Not me, as I don't care to concern myself with miscreants just because they've placed me on some kind of foolish enemy's list. I do wonder, though, how they manage to live with themselves behaving so dishonorably...

Gerry

PostPosted: April 16th, 2015, 11:21 am 

jonathan wrote:
Simply copying-and-pasting your own statement again doesn't help me, and it doesn't help anyone else.

Everyone in this thread can read. I respect them enough to believe that they can read what you've said, and what I've said, and evaluate the arguments themselves. If there has been any deception about the actual content of the thread, they will pick up on it just fine and I will be ostracized as a discontent who just wants to argue and debate rather than being considered a valued and honest member of the community.

jonathan wrote:
Gerry, argue the issue, not the person. There's simply no need to engage in personal attacks here. You don't know much about me or what goes on inside my head at all, so I'm going to ask you politely to stop talking about me.

PostPosted: April 16th, 2015, 3:48 pm 

gbin wrote:
His cover story, that he was posting here to address some larger topic, never really made sense; why would someone who is obviously a FHF regular user need to register and begin posting under a new pseudonym just for that, after all?
Again, you're referring to me in the third party for some strange reason and assuming I'm male. You're also assuming I'm a FHF regular. How is that so obvious to you? Could it be, I don't have an account here and in order to post, I needed to create one? Occam's Razor.

Quote:
And under the prolonged exposure of his repeated posts it's been revealed that his true purpose all along was just to stage a prolonged personal attack on someone he apparently doesn't like. What a surprise, huh? :roll:
This isn't a personal attack, I just pointed out that the thread seemed to be following a theme from the OP and you took it off track by talking about the definition of a "scientific group", which had nothing to do with the OP's post. From there the thread turned into a back and forth between you and other posters that had nothing to do with the OP. I then searched other posts by you and found that seems to be a pattern. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm not attacking you personally, just making an observation on your posting style.

Quote:
here is what I previously (and repeatedly) posted when jonathan persisted in trying to argue with his own misrepresentation of what I'd said, and accused me of a personal attack because I pointed out that was what he was doing:
Please explain how it's not a personal attack when you do it, but if I point something out you're doing, it's a personal attack?

Quote:
I suppose we can expect more of this kind of thing from "fringe" or whatever other pseudonym he adopts, in other threads and at other times if he tires of his game here; surely at some point(s) he'll even post under (one of) the regular user name(s) we all know. It's all part of the same, sorry campaign
Again, you're assuming a lot here.

Quote:
Folks, I'm not exposing this cyberbullying to discourage you from speaking your mind here for fear you'll be treated similarly if you upset one of the handful of miscreants at FHF who regularly indulge in it.
Cyberbullying? Miscreant? All I did is point out this thread slammed another social media site and was hijacked. I also admitted my hypothesis could be wrong and the current members were quality participants.
fringe wrote:
My hypothesis that threads like these were a factor in folks not wanting to participate as much in discussions could be incorrect. The bottom-line is that folks aren’t as engaged like they used to be, especially the members who've been with this forum since the beginning. That's not to say that the current participants aren't quality participants, it's more that the volume of that quality has gone down. It would be interesting to take a poll with the current members to see what they think of the FHF these days.

gbin wrote:
I'm doing so to show you, in case you don't already know, that there's really nothing here for you to fear. Be who you are. Speak up in defense of your views, or the truth, or of yourself or others you see being treated unfairly here. Sure, it might make you the target of this or another kind of personal attack, but that's OK. "fringe" and a few like-minded individuals here put me on their foolish enemies lists long ago, and I'm doing just fine. You will, too. Indeed, the more people who stand up to cyberbullying when they see it, the less of it we're all likely to see thereafter. In any event, it's just words on a screen. This internet forum will go on. These threads or others just like them will go on. And your participation at FHF can go on, just as will mine.
You're getting too worked up about all of this. It's not like you're dealing with Anonymous here. Well, ok, I am anonymous, but not that Anonymous. Plus, I don't wear a mask. Ok, I do wear a mask, but that's because my significant other asks me to on Friday nights for a reason I've yet to figure out.

PostPosted: April 16th, 2015, 5:16 pm 

You keep repeating yourself. It's like shouting the same thing over and over in a verbal argument, it doesn't make your points valid, you know that. You seem to think I'm a regular on the FHF with a personal grudge against you. I think it's abundantly clear that you've made several assumptions and created a straw man here.

I'm not clear why you won't address my statements and questions directly? Since you won't respond directly and keep repeating yourself, I have no other choice but to conclude you have no valid responses. Which is a shame after looking through some of your posts. You seem like someone who can offer up a good debate.

PostPosted: April 16th, 2015, 6:27 pm 

So easy to hide underground and slash up at the ventris of others who dare to be themselves. Pulling at skin tags while carefully concealing any bare authenticities of ones own.

Web Golem.

The social platforms breed them like flies.

-Kelly Mc Hammer, 2 legit 2 quit.

PostPosted: April 17th, 2015, 4:52 pm 

I check back hoping to find a rational well thought out response to my statements and questions, only to find gbin has copied and pasted the same response for the umpteenth time. Something about me being a cyberbully and having a list of enemies with him on it. I'm also apparently running a campaign of some sort. Ah...don't we wish life was that exciting?

Kelly Mc wrote:
So easy to hide underground and slash up at the ventris of others who dare to be themselves. Pulling at skin tags while carefully concealing any bare authenticities of ones own. Web Golem.
And you Kelly McFly DJ extraordinaire, think I'm a mafia guy with a big knife and a golem at the same time. For some reason you guys think we're in an episode of Breaking Bad. Which would be true if I were bald and wore a fedora, but I don't. I just wear a mask on Friday nights.

Here's the deal, it's real simple. I created an account to respond to a thread. I'm not hiding, or underground, or a cyberbully. All I did is offer an opinion on the state of the FHF and why I thought folks might not be actively participating as much. I pointed out that gbin likes to debate and appears to move into a childish game of "let me repeat myself" once you ask direct questions that he cannot answer without incriminating himself. Makes sense, especially if you feel that you're in a checkmate situation.

PostPosted: April 17th, 2015, 6:56 pm 

Nobody cares anymore. buh bye.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2015, 4:05 pm 

gbin wrote:
It's by now abundantly clear
How is it abundantly clear? You haven't given a shred of evidence that anything is abundantly clear. Saying something is abundantly clear doesn't make it abundantly clear.

Quote:
that "fringe's" posts to this thread, his only posts to date here at FHF, are nothing but examples of how known individuals with known personal grudges
You can't assume that I am a "known individual" with a "known personal grudge". You have zero evidence to back that up.

Quote:
use anonymity
Having this forum know my first name or where I live has no bearing on my statements or questions. You're using this as an excuse to avoid giving clear, well thought out answers.

Quote:
would attack people they don't like in an internet forum from a seemingly new front
You are using the word "attack" to describe me pointing out what you are doing here on this thread. The same thing you complained about with jonathan. You accused him of "attacking you" when all you did is point out what he was doing. I haven't called you names, conversely, you've called me several derogatory names. You're assuming that because I criticized your posting style I don't like you. I don't know you enough to like or not like you.

Quote:
His cover story, that he was posting here to address some larger topic, never really made sense; why would someone who is obviously a FHF regular user need to register and begin posting under a new pseudonym just for that, after all?
It's the truth. Just because you choose not to believe that without further evidence doesn't make your assumptions correct. How is it obvious I'm a FHF regular user? HUGE assumptions here. What evidence do you have to back that up? I doubt Scott would do it, but I'd be happy to have him verify this is my only account.

Quote:
I suppose we can expect more of this kind of thing from "fringe" or whatever other pseudonym he adopts, in other threads and at other times if he tires of his game here; surely at some point(s) he'll even post under (one of) the regular user name(s) we all know.
More assumptions from a poorly based premise. Also a form of cyberbullying on your part, trying to get others against me thinking I'm going to create more names and post here, not true in the least.

Quote:
It's all part of the same sorry campaign
There is no campaign. I just signed up to respond to this one thread.

Quote:
- Stage a personal attack on the target, pretending that it's in response to something the target purportedly did wrong rather than simply an emotional expression of a long-held grudge.
Nothing is staged. These aren't personal attacks. I addressed several posters in my original post, not just you. There is no long-held grudge, I would have had to know you for a long time to hold a long-held grudge. I never knew you. You sign your name Gerry, that's all I know.

Quote:
- Persist in the personal attack and hopefully enlist others to join in on it, if at all possible even to the point of making that all the thread is about thereafter.
It's not a personal attack, it's me asking you to respond directly to my statements and questions. No name calling on my part, no character assassination, just an observation about the FHF activity and your posting style. On the other hand, you've called me names and defamed my character, all because I commented on your posting style.

Quote:
- Pretend, then, that the target is responsible for the thread's utter derailment.
You are not a target, you just happened to be the poster who was the first one to take this thread off topic. There is evidence that your post was off topic.

Quote:
- Fit that into a false narrative that the target is routinely responsible for the utter derailment of FHF threads.
There is evidence from looking at your posts that you have a history of doing this type of hijacking of threads and going off topic.

Quote:
- (Optional, but relied upon often enough...) Claim widespread support for that false narrative, and perhaps post under one or more pseudonyms to try to bolster the claim.
I never claimed widespread support and this is my only user name on here.

Quote:
Folks, I'm not exposing this cyberbullying to discourage you from speaking your mind here for fear you'll be treated similarly if you upset one of the handful of miscreants at FHF who regularly indulge in it.
Couple of deals here and I'm quite serious. First a definition of cyberbullying: cyber-bullying could be limited to posting rumors or gossips about a person in the internet bringing about hatred in other’s minds. You are misrepresenting me to the other members of this community by posting falsities about who I am and what my intent is on expressing my opinion about the comments in this thread. You are doing this to bring hatred in the other member's mind here on the forum. I'm going to ask you politely to stop accusing me of things that aren't true unless you can provide solid evidence to back them up.

Secondly, please stop calling me names. Miscreant: a person who behaves badly or in a way that breaks the law.
synonyms: criminal, culprit, wrongdoer, malefactor, offender, villain, lawbreaker, evildoer, delinquent, hoodlum, reprobate; malfeasant

I'm not a criminal, I haven't broken the law. I'm none of those other synonyms on that list. Please refrain from the personal attack name calling.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2015, 8:14 pm 

gbin wrote:
I asked you nicely to stop calling me names.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2015, 9:43 pm 

I was going to let this go but its going beyond just a disagreement, opinion or debate.

Its starting to look like more than an inane nuisance, and seems like a driven attempt not to simply amuse oneself by harassing a member of FHF, but to disrupt the forum.

I have concerns that if it isn't addressed it will continue and exacerbate. There is a clear motive of ill will happening here, and whether or not a member has had a debate with Gerry, or a disagreement in the past, it would be nice if there could be some support of a member who is earnest and has contributed much here.

The mockery of our discussion forums is clear here and should be stopped out of respect for all who sincerely participate at FHF.

I hope fellow members will contact Scott about this. Its not cool.

PostPosted: April 19th, 2015, 4:06 am 

Thank you, Kelly. Far too few people are (so far) willing to stand up to the cyberbullying that occurs here at FHF, and I appreciate your doing so both on my behalf and in the hope that you'll encourage others to do so in turn.

I should point out, though, that this never was "just a disagreement, opinion or debate." As I said, it's quite clear that "fringe" created his new account and used it to post now many times to this thread for the specific purpose of waging his campaign against someone toward whom he bears some old grudge; his posts never really had anything to do with anything else. Don't be tricked into buying any part of his false narrative of the situation.

Gerry

P.S. I've revised this post by edit, something I try never to do, because I'd allowed myself to go off message in a fashion that was more than likely to be detrimental to that message. I stand by what I wrote, but feel said message is more important.

PostPosted: April 19th, 2015, 10:26 am 

Kelly Mc wrote:
Its starting to look like more than an inane nuisance, and seems like a driven attempt not to simply amuse oneself by harassing a member of FHF, but to disrupt the forum.I have concerns that if it isn't addressed it will continue and exacerbate. There is a clear motive of ill will happening here, and whether or not a member has had a debate with Gerry, or a disagreement in the past, it would be nice if there could be some support of a member who is earnest and has contributed much here.The mockery of our discussion forums is clear here and should be stopped out of respect for all who sincerely participate at FHF. I hope fellow members will contact Scott about this. Its not cool.
Kelly, I think it’s sweet that you would try and rescue gbin, and I find it equally touching that he accepted your offer to defend him. Gerry seems like a big boy though and I’m sure he can handle a few non threatening questions about his comments and posting style on his own. I’m not harassing him, I’m defending myself against his assertions to which he won’t reply or provide evidence to support his assertions.

Here’s Gerry’s problem in a nutshell. He can’t sift through my posts and use anything from the past to discredit my posting style. So, he makes up a story about me. I’m a regular on the FHF, have a long held grudge against him and am involved in a campaign of cyberbullying, none of which are true. All I’m doing is defending his assertions against me. Am I supposed to just sit back and allow a member to make up a false story about me without defending myself? When I defend myself, he won’t respond, but repeats the same thing over and over.

What you’re failing to realize here is that you’ve set up rules in your own minds about what is acceptable and not acceptable on the FHF in terms of posting. If someone isn’t a long term member and makes comments about the forum or another member’s posting style that others don’t like, that’s deemed cyberbullying. If a long term member continues to post false assertions against a new member without evidence of those assertions, the long term member takes precedence because, they’re a long term member. Nevermind if the comments made by the new member had any validity.

I did run across an exchange between gbin and Fieldnotes whereby Fieldnotes mentions something about putting gbin on a Foe list. I can see where this might have sparked some paranoia in gbin’s mind about others doing the same thing. It makes more sense now why he kept referring to an enemy list, etc.

I’ll leave you with this:

Scott Waters wrote:
To be in any public arena, you had better get some thick skin. Especially if you're doing things that you KNOW will create some tough responses. Like Brian said, if you REALLY believe in your position then explain it. If not, then curl up in a ball and go to FB where everyone can be kicked off anyone's page or group for completely subjective reasons. If that makes someone happy, then go for it. I know some people really like the FB dynamic because they can "throw someone off if they want". Well, not here. This is a painful existence at times because we DON'T have the facebook mentality on moderation. Basically, people need to put on their big britches if they want to hang here.......and thousands do, like Mr. Hubbsy.

FHF - one of the toughest forums on the net for sure.

PostPosted: April 20th, 2015, 6:19 pm 

I have to say, mad respect for Scott keeping this place going all these years. Don't know how many it's been but it has to be quite a few at this point. Instagram has become a popular place for herpers, so that adds another place for folks to share. It will be interesting to see how forums like these fair in the coming years.

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2015, 8:50 pm 

fringe wrote:
I totally forgot about this thread that happened over in the AZ forum earlier in the year:
http://www.fieldherpforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21311

Brian Hubbs wrote:
I check in to this and other FHF forums almost daily when I'm home. Many of the forums have really slowed, almost to a halt. If this fragmentation doesn't start reversing we might have a hard time with group efforts relating to laws and conservation proposals, let alone having enough people to argue with gbin... :lol:
Hubsy pretty much summed up what I was saying.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2015, 1:51 pm 

I just discovered that my response to "fringe's" lengthy personal attack targeting me has been censored out of this thread, while said attack was left up. Here's what I guess y'all weren't supposed to able to read:

It's by now abundantly clear that "fringe's" posts to this thread, his only posts to date here at FHF, are nothing but examples of how known individuals with known personal grudges use anonymity to attack people they don't like in an internet forum from a seemingly new front, and to make it appear as if the denigrating view they want held of those people is widespread. His cover story, that he was posting here to address some larger topic, never really made sense; why would someone who is obviously a FHF regular user need to register and begin posting under a new pseudonym just for that, after all? And under the prolonged exposure of his repeated posts it's been revealed that his true purpose all along was just to stage a prolonged personal attack on someone he apparently doesn't like. What a surprise, huh? :roll:

I suppose we can expect more of this kind of thing from "fringe" or whatever other pseudonym he adopts, in other threads and at other times if he tires of his game here; surely at some point(s) he'll even post under (one of) the regular user name(s) we all know. It's all part of the same, sorry campaign:

- Stage a personal attack on the target, pretending that it's in response to something the target purportedly did wrong rather than simply an emotional expression of a long-held grudge.

- Persist in the personal attack and hopefully enlist others to join in on it, if at all possible even to the point of making that all the thread is about thereafter.

- Pretend, then, that the target is responsible for the thread's utter derailment.

- Fit that into a false narrative that the target is routinely responsible for the utter derailment of FHF threads.

- (Optional, but relied upon often enough...) Claim widespread support for that false narrative, and perhaps post under one or more pseudonyms to try to bolster the claim.

If anyone cares to look they'll see this basic outline in Bill's earlier posts, and it's exceedingly clear in "fringe's" more persistent campaign.

Folks, I'm not exposing this cyberbullying to discourage you from speaking your mind here for fear you'll be treated similarly if you upset one of the handful of miscreants at FHF who regularly indulge in it. Quite to the contrary! I'm doing so to show you, in case you don't already know, that there's really nothing here for you to fear. Be who you are. Speak up in defense of your views, or of the truth, or of yourself or others you see being treated unfairly here. Sure, it might make you the target of this or another kind of personal attack, but that's OK. "fringe" and a few like-minded individuals here put me on their foolish enemies lists long ago, and I'm doing just fine. You will, too. Indeed, the more people who stand up to cyberbullying when they see it, the less of it we're all likely to see thereafter. In any event, it's just words on a screen. This internet forum will go on. These threads or others just like them will go on. And your participation at FHF can go on, just as will mine.

Or maybe mine won't. I've already been censored for exposing what's been going on here and defending myself from it. Can being banned be far behind? I suppose not. As long as I still have the ability to post at FHF though, folks, I'll emphasize that you should speak up in defense of your views, or of the truth, or of yourself or others you see being treated unfairly here. It's worth it.

Gerry

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2015, 5:05 pm 

gbin wrote:
I just discovered that my response to "fringe's" lengthy personal attack targeting me has been censored out of this thread, while said attack was left up.
It wasn't a personal attack targeting you, it was a response to your assertions about who I am and my intentions. We've been over this a billion times, which is probably the reason your copy and paste routine didn't go over too well. Also, that is not censorship, it's just cleaning up the repetitive graffiti.

I've already said this, but it bears repeating. I don't know you and certainly don't have a long-term or short-term personal grudge against you. It's impossible for you to be on my enemy's list because I don't have one. I dug around a bit and searched some of your posts, that is where I obtained my information. I can see how it could appear that I'm a regular, but looks are deceiving. It's not hard to do a little research using the search function and see what's going on.

End of story.

P.S. I didn't invite Hubbs to rub salt in the wound by laughing about this entire thread. He did that on his own volition and is not part of my gang, simply because he refuses to wear a mask.

PostPosted: April 24th, 2015, 4:57 am 

fringe wrote:
... We've been over this a billion times, which is probably the reason your copy and paste routine didn't go over too well. Also, that is not censorship, it's just cleaning up the repetitive graffiti.

I've already said this, but it bears repeating...

Note, folks, that apparently none of the now 16 messages posted here by "fringe," the pseudonym an obvious FHF regular registered here just for the purpose of staging a prolonged personal attack on another regular against whom he holds some kind of grudge, qualified as "repetitive graffiti," whereas none of the instances where I clearly laid out what all "fringe" is doing and recommended that people stand up to such cyberbullying were allowed to remain. Or note it while you can, anyway, as I imagine it's only a matter of time until this post of mine, too, will be censored out of existence.

In the meantime, this is the only part of this "discussion" - which the anonymous "fringe" brought here, not me (no matter his false narrative nor his apparently official support for it) - that truly bears repeating:

I suppose we can expect more of this kind of thing from "fringe" or whatever other pseudonym he adopts, in other threads and at other times if he tires of his game here; surely at some point(s) he'll even post under (one of) the regular user name(s) we all know. It's all part of the same, sorry campaign:

If anyone cares to look they'll see this basic outline in Bill's earlier posts, and it's exceedingly clear in "fringe's" more persistent campaign.

Folks, I'm not exposing this cyberbullying to discourage you from speaking your mind here for fear you'll be treated similarly if you upset one of the handful of miscreants at FHF who regularly indulge in it. Quite to the contrary! I'm doing so to show you, in case you don't already know, that there's really nothing here for you to fear. Be who you are. Speak up in defense of your views, or of the truth, or of yourself or others you see being treated unfairly here. Sure, it might make you the target of this or another kind of personal attack, but that's OK. "fringe" and a few like-minded individuals here put me on their foolish enemies lists long ago, and I'm doing just fine. You will, too. Indeed, the more people who stand up to cyberbullying when they see it, the less of it we're all likely to see thereafter. In any event, it's just words on a screen. This internet forum will go on. These threads or others just like them will go on. And your participation at FHF can go on, just as will mine. (Until I'm not only censored but also banned, anyway; fortunately I recognize that it's more important to be able to live with oneself than to participate in another person's internet forum.)

Gerry

PostPosted: April 24th, 2015, 7:18 am 

You keep tagging the thread with, "Gerry was here". We get it.

PostPosted: April 24th, 2015, 8:11 am 

"We" get it. Don't get too smug with yourself Fringe. There is no We that that thinks you're funny or that how you have interacted here on first appearance was in good form.

Brian Hubbs laughed at his own words in quote, for which I have no comment.

PostPosted: April 24th, 2015, 9:04 am 

fringe wrote:
You keep tagging the thread with, "Gerry was here". We get it.

Just as I said, folks, we can expect more of this kind of thing from "fringe" (who is now up to 17 posts in his ongoing anonymous personal attack) or whatever other pseudonym he adopts, in other threads and at other times if he tires of his game here; surely at some point(s) he'll even post under (one of) the regular user name(s) we all know. Look over what I laid out of his and his like-minded friends' overall campaign again, and you can see how his persistent misbehavior continues to fit it perfectly. I suppose he's disappointed that all I'm willing to do is expose him, not engage him in his game - indeed, I suspect that's why he seemed to stop a few days ago, and this thread began to drift down the message board - but I'm sure he's greatly encouraged by the recent censorship of my posts, and doubtless his game was accordingly greatly reinvigorated:

If anyone cares to look earlier in the thread (unless that, too, has been modified through censorship), they'll see this basic outline in Bill's earlier posts, as well.

Gerry

PostPosted: April 24th, 2015, 9:05 am 

I wasn't getting smug, my other user name on here is Smeagol. I never claimed to be funny or that others would think anything I did was in good form.

Hubbs (or Mr. Hubbs as I like to call him) included my quote inside his quote, so he wasn't just laughing at his quote. Knowing Brian like I do, I think it's safe to say he was laughing at the entirety of the thread. He just didn't want to include the entire thread as a quote before his laughter.

PostPosted: April 24th, 2015, 9:15 am 

Kelly Mc wrote:
"We" get it. Don't get too smug with yourself Fringe. There is no We that that thinks you're funny or that how you have interacted here on first appearance was in good form.

Brian Hubbs laughed at his own words in quote, for which I have no comment.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) 8-) 8-)

PostPosted: April 24th, 2015, 9:18 am 

fringe wrote:
I wasn't getting smug, my other user name on here is Smeagol. I never claimed to be funny or that others would think anything I did was in good form.

Hubbs (or Mr. Hubbs as I like to call him) included my quote inside his quote, so he wasn't just laughing at his quote. Knowing Brian like I do, I think it's safe to say he was laughing at the entirety of the thread. He just didn't want to include the entire thread as a quote before his laughter.

No, I was just laughing at you quoting my quote from the AZ chapter. It does sum it up, and I have no desire or time to argue with gbin about any of it...so I just laugh...
You people have fun here...you obviously have too much time on your hands... :o

PostPosted: April 24th, 2015, 9:49 am 

Brian Hubbs wrote:
... It does sum it up, and I have no desire or time to argue with gbin about any of it...so I just laugh...

As I mentioned, the anonymous "fringe" (doubtless well known to everyone here at FHF under his regular name) certainly isn't alone in the cyberbullying campaign he and a handful of like-minded friends have been waging. Brian's an at least somewhat unusual case, though, in that he might well be helping it unwittingly while trying to be "funny," or he might be helping it knowingly even if he's not particularly interested in the campaign or its hopeful outcome - to oust or at least isolate the person being targeted - just because he finds it "funny." It also seems to me that from time to time he simply likes to join in on (or in some cases try to trigger) a dogpile on someone he sees being attacked; perhaps he considers that merely another form of pot-stirring, which he clearly enjoys. In any event, it again fits perfectly:

Gerry

PostPosted: April 24th, 2015, 9:53 am 

I think I understood that Mr Hubbs. But my response was meant for the nasty ill spirited appropriation of Fringe.

PostPosted: April 24th, 2015, 10:07 am 

Wait- and I am in a hurry but is Fringes' other user name here Smegma?

Did I get that right?

PostPosted: April 24th, 2015, 10:33 am 

Brian Hubbs wrote:
You know we have a serious problem when Brian is saying we have too much time on our hands.

Kelly Mc wrote:
Wait- and I am in a hurry but is Fringes' other user name here Smegma? Did I get that right?
Smeagol. Gollum. We. My precious. Pay attention here. I don't have all the time in the world to explain my references.

PostPosted: April 24th, 2015, 10:54 am 
Site Admin

Everyone involved.....step out of your bubble for a moment and read what the rest of us are reading. You all look silly. Nothing is being gained at all.

Gerry, I removed what I thought was repeated posts, not realizing I removed them ALL. I intended only to remove all but one. Posting the same thing over and over and over, literally, is not a discussion. You know this.

The topic is now locked.

Scott

Profile WWW 

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2