Headlamp recommendation

Extended discussion forum.

Moderator: Scott Waters

blacktara

Headlamp recommendation

Post by blacktara » February 23rd, 2016, 11:03 am

Just got back from a short trip to Costa Rica where I fried my headlamp by dropping it in a creek. I was never really all that happy with it and am looking for peoples' input regarding what headlamp they would recommend. The only one I ever really ever liked was cycling headlamp that apparently isnt on the market any more ( go figure)

Jeroen Speybroeck

Re: Headlamp recommendation

Post by Jeroen Speybroeck » February 23rd, 2016, 3:01 pm

Without much doubt, Led Lenser h14r.2. I've been using it in climates ranging from cold moderate to tropical and still I am more than pleased with it. It's versatile in its power source, easily adjustable and very, very strong. Several of the US herpers I met last summer were very enthusiastic about it. There's surely cheaper stuff, but for me this is the one that stays (after years and years of always looking for better, different, ...). I use it for salamander research since several years and it is really very reliable.

blacktara

Post by blacktara » February 26th, 2016, 1:06 pm

Thank you !!!!

travesty

Post by travesty » March 10th, 2016, 2:17 pm

Fenix makes great lights. I have an HL30 headlamp and I love it. It's water proof to 2 meters and has like a 5 year warranty on it. They're pretty cheap too I think less than $40 on ebay.