Working on a project...

Extended discussion forum.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Joshua Dimpfl

Working on a project...

Post by Joshua Dimpfl » May 14th, 2011, 9:53 pm

Hey fellow herpers!

I figured I'd post this here as well as facebook, but I am currently working on a project and looking for fellow herpers to write a 500+ word story of their most memorable, favorite or craziest herping moment. I do realize 99% of us have lives, but I know some of you all enjoy sharing herping stories. So, posts can either be PMed to me or posted below. (But consider the 60k character limit in a reply)

FunkyRes

Re: Working on a project...

Post by FunkyRes » May 14th, 2011, 10:15 pm

While I was herping, it technically isn't a herp story.

'Twas out in BLM land, noticed paw prints by a pool of water that looked recent and did not look like dog or coyote. I crouched down to have a closer look, and they looked a hell of a lot like cougar tracks. I know there is a cougar in the area, it is seen several times a year by mountain bikers.

Realizing that crouching is the dumbest thing to do if a cougar is watching, I slowly started to stand up. I then heard a rustle in the bushes but could not locate where it was coming from. Once I was fully upright I started looking around - and suddenly a large flock of wild quail sprang forth from the Manzanita in front of me.

I almost soiled myself.

I still haven't seen the cougar that made that track, though since I tend to herp alone, that may be a good thing.

chris_mcmartin

Post by chris_mcmartin » May 15th, 2011, 4:35 am

What is the target audience; are these stories to be published somewhere?

Joshua Dimpfl

Post by Joshua Dimpfl » May 15th, 2011, 5:36 am

IF anything goes as planned, they will be published in some way, so I'd have to say refrain from using full names and specific locations. However, the actual writer will be given credit.

chris_mcmartin

Post by chris_mcmartin » May 15th, 2011, 11:09 am

Joshua Dimpfl wrote:IF anything goes as planned, they will be published in some way, so I'd have to say refrain from using full names and specific locations. However, the actual writer will be given credit.
If by "credit" you mean "cut of the sales," I'm listening. :lol: