Some of the critters here at the homestead! ( photos added)

Captive care and husbandry.

Moderator: Scott Waters

jayder85

Some of the critters here at the homestead! ( photos added)

Post by jayder85 »

I have been doing some feeding and cleaning over the last couple days and snapped some photos of the animals that presented at least a halfway decent photo op. This is just part of the collection and hope to get some good photos of animals as they present themselves.

The first is the Desert Phase Cal King. This is the first Cal King I have ever owned and I enjoy her so much I can tell you it won't be the last!

Then there is my female Presidio County TX Desert King. A friend of mine has a matching male that we plan to pair with her when she comes of age and size.

Cherry County Nebraska Pale Milk

Mex mex, unknown locality.

Miami Phase Corn. What I would give for an actual locality animal that looked like this!

South Mountain Reptiles Extreme Okeetee. I pick him up from a friend getting out of the hobby.

McDowell Co. NC Eastern Milk Snake. I have always enjoyed Easterns. One of my first pets as a kid, I can't imagine not keeping a couple around.

Lastly (for now) a Casey County KY Black King Snake. Being a KY boy, I have to keep some of our native herptofauna as in my opinion, KY produces some of the nicest examples of some species around, our Black Kings being a prime example.

Male KY Eastern/Red Milk Intergrade

Female KY Eastern/ Red Milk Intergrade

Mammoth Cave Region KY Corn Snake

Male Lake Okeechobee King

Female Lake Okeechobee King

Jefferson Co. KY Black King
Sam Bacchini

Re: Some of the critters here at the homestead!

Post by Sam Bacchini »

Hard to beat some of the nice natural type corns.

Great photos!
tspuckler

Post by tspuckler »

I dig that black and white California King.
Tamara D. McConnell

Post by Tamara D. McConnell »

You have a beautiful collection.
jayder85

Post by jayder85 »

Thanks guys.
Gila, I enjoy the natural versions as well. There are hundreds of "morph" Corns out there but none of them hold a candle to a nice natural coloration. And there is plenty of variety among natural animals.

Tspuckler, I love this Cal King. I got it as a type specimen and have never looked back. Very laid back animal and this one is one of the nicest Cal Kings I have seen. Very nicely marked. I was very fortunate to get her. I would love to have a narrow banded animal like the one pictured in your avatar.

And thank you very much Tamara. I am glad that you appreciate them!