Crested geckos!

Captive care and husbandry.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Rich in Reptiles

Crested geckos!

Post by Rich in Reptiles »

Hi everyone!! I'm going to do a little update on my crested gecko breeding project. I have such a passion for herps, and keeping and breeding these amazing geckos just adds fuel to the bonfire of passion in my heart. As some of you know i bred them for the first time last year and i had 6 in total hatch out. Well, this year is going to be bigger and better because my best females are finally heavy enough (i prefer to wait until the females are at least 35 grams). Right now i have two breeding groups, one group is black and cream pinstripe project, and the other is red and cream extremes! Right now i have 13 crested geckos, with one more on the way from IL soon for a grand total of 14!

I'll start with an update on my holdback hatchlings from last year's breeding season.

This gecko is exactly what i was aiming for last year- a red pinstripe from my pinstripe male and my red female. Holdback.

Clutch mate to the gecko above, i think this one will be more lavender and cream like her dad. Holdback.

Oh my... do y'all see that pattern!?! I'm keeping this one!

Alright, on to the latest ramifications! My breeding groups!

Red and cream extreme project:

Male "Centurion":

Lavender pinstripe project:

Sire "Cairo" (same sire for all my crested geckos last year). Boy this guy has the genetics and phenotype!

Females i have with Cairo:

This girl is doing fantastic for her first year laying. I can't wait to see the babies from this pair.

Eggos!!!

Thanks for looking :)
-Bethany
BethH

Re: Crested geckos!

Post by BethH »

I love that first picture! Thanks for sharing .
Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

They are beautiful. I dont know why but your group reminds me of a stable of little suede horses, each one prettily colored and carefully tended. Dig what youve named them, as well.

Thank you for sharing them.
Tamara D. McConnell

Post by Tamara D. McConnell »

They are gorgeous. And I concur with Kelly about the awesomeness of the names.