Electric green Phasmid, Trilobite Beetle etc

Field and captive invertebrates discussion forum.

Moderator: Scott Waters

orionmystery

Electric green Phasmid, Trilobite Beetle etc

Post by orionmystery »

Electric Green! What a cool and beautiful stick insect! Calvisia sp. (C. punctulata?). ID credit: Devon Henderson. Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia (Borneo).
Stick insect (Calvisia punctulata?) IMG_0973 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

Stick insect (Calvisia punctulata?) IMG_0968 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

Prehistoric looking Trilobite beetle (Duliticola sp.?) on a decaying tree trunk at night, presumably feeding on those orangey stuff (fungi?). Pahang, Malaysia.
Trilobite beetle - Duliticola sp. IMG_1589 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

Trilobite beetle - Duliticola sp. IMG_1557 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

Spiny stick insect. Haaniella sp. , probably H. echinata. ID credit: Alvaro Perez Gomez.
Spiny stick insect - Haaniella echinata? IMG_0962 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

Reduviid
Assassin bug IMG_0297 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr

A mating pair of stilt legged flies (Micropezidae).
Mating stilt legged flies IMG_9893 copy by Kurt (Hock Ping GUEK) orionmystery.blogspot.com, on Flickr
infidel

Re: Electric green Phasmid, Trilobite Beetle etc

Post by infidel »

Another awesome set. I'm envious you get to see (and shoot) all that.
LouB747

Post by LouB747 »

Unreal!
Geqqo

Post by Geqqo »

Awesome stuff Kurt, I enjoy everyone of your posts and even though this is a reptile forum I ALWAYS make sure to check out if you've posted anything new here. I appreciate the time you take to post so frequently, that trilobite is out of this world and I have certainly never seen a stick insect with electric blue joints. Insects were my first love as a child and continue to hold a magical place in my heart.

dan
Hans Breuer (twoton)

Post by Hans Breuer (twoton) »

Geqqo wrote:Awesome stuff Kurt, I enjoy everyone of your posts and even though this is a reptile forum I ALWAYS make sure to check out if you've posted anything new here. I appreciate the time you take to post so frequently
Yes, and yes. As I've postulated before, Kurt should have his own subforum!
krismunk

Post by krismunk »

Hans Breuer (twoton) wrote:
Geqqo wrote:Awesome stuff Kurt, I enjoy everyone of your posts and even though this is a reptile forum I ALWAYS make sure to check out if you've posted anything new here. I appreciate the time you take to post so frequently
Yes, and yes. As I've postulated before, Kurt should have his own subforum!
I'll third that :)