Scorpion ID Assist, Please...

Field and captive invertebrates discussion forum.

Moderator: Scott Waters

MSD

Scorpion ID Assist, Please...

Post by MSD »

We have caught 2 scorpions in our house (along with a Camel Spider) within the last month. Very small, about 1.5" - 2" total, including length of tail. Hard to judge since it won't just lay it's tail flat for me. We live in inland Ventura County.

Anyhow, here's a snap. Can anyone help ID it please? Leaning towards an Arizona Bark Scorpion, stickly based on the image and what I can find on the 'net. I really don't know, howeever, so any help would be appreciated.

cbernz

Re: Scorpion ID Assist, Please...

Post by cbernz »

If you don't have luck on here, try this site: http://www.bugguide.net/node/view/15740
MSD

Post by MSD »

cbernz wrote:If you don't have luck on here, try this site: http://www.bugguide.net/node/view/15740
Good site - I posted the pic and asked there also. Thanks for the link!
gcsnelling

Post by gcsnelling »

Absolutely not a bark, however I do not know the California scorpions well enough to tell you what it is.
Owen

Post by Owen »

It's some kind of Vaejovid. My first thought was a Sawfinger, Serradigitus, but they're pretty tiny... about an inch:

Maybe Paravaejovis?
MSD

Post by MSD »

AND...

This morning this guy came waltzing right into our garage as we opened it like he'd been waiting there after an invitation.

So far this summer, we've only had one snake that we have been able to photo (in the Ca. forum), but we've had a lot of creepy crawly's in our house that are making them easy to find!