Warm-blooded air breathing content.

Moderator: Scott Waters

orionmystery

Primates, squirrel, colug, bat.

Post by orionmystery »

Curtis Hart

Re: Primates, squirrel, colug, bat.

Post by Curtis Hart »

Those are some great photos! They make me wish I were there right now. I especially like the bats.

Curtis
gbin

Post by gbin »

Ooooo! The bats are awesome, all right, but I actually like the squirrel best. Such a beautiful animal! I really don't understand why zoos don't display more of the world's squirrel species. (I've tried to talk zoos I've worked for/with into it, but they've all pretty much just said "Meh." They need to see pictures like these!)

Gerry
mrichardson

Post by mrichardson »

gbin wrote:Ooooo! The bats are awesome, all right, but I actually like the squirrel best. Such a beautiful animal! I really don't understand why zoos don't display more of the world's squirrel species. (I've tried to talk zoos I've worked for/with into it, but they've all pretty much just said "Meh." They need to see pictures like these!)

Gerry
Nice photos! Got to agree with Gerry; squirrels are very interesting things and get overlooked.
Andy Avram

Post by Andy Avram »

I can't even tell you which animals I like best out this post. Flying lemurs, monkeys, civits, bats!!! Awesome. Thanks for posting.

Gerry, the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo has and has had for years quite a few Prevosts Squirrels on display. I always enjoy watching them when I visit.

Andy
gbin

Post by gbin »

Glad to hear it, Andy! :thumb: Prevost's squirrels are a bit of an exception to my complaint, as a few zoos display them; I saw them at the St. Louis Zoo, too, when I was there for a workshop in 2010. Another gorgeous species from southeast Asia.

Gerry
pete

Post by pete »

Those flying lemurs are pretty intense looking! Great views of some cool animals. post more :thumb: