Monkey's from the amazon

Warm-blooded air breathing content.

Moderator: Scott Waters

reptileexperts

Monkey's from the amazon

Post by reptileexperts »

Well, I started a thread with some of my birds from Ecuador, so I thought I'd compliment it in the Mammal section with some primates from the amazon (no primates live in the higher elevations of Ecuador, there use to be some popualtions of white-fronted Capuchin outside of Quito on the lower side of the spectrum, but very rarely are they seen). During my time in the Napo region of the amazon in Ecuador, I encountered 7 of the 10 sepcies of monkey, including the Declining Wooly Monkey on multiple occassions, as well as the endangered and endemic Golden-mantaled Tamarin . . . no more reading needed though, enjoy!

Red Howler Monkey

Noisy Night Monkeys, this short was fortunate enough to be recognized by National Geographic back at the start of June.

Golden-mantaled Tamarin

White-fronted Capuchin

Cheers :beer:

Cody Conway
Hans Breuer (twoton)

Re: Monkey's from the amazon

Post by Hans Breuer (twoton) »

Very nice!!!! Primates rule (well, most do. We're the exception)!
Noisy Night Monkeys, this short was fortunate enough to be recognized by National Geographic back at the start of June.
Which short? And recognized as what?
reptileexperts

Post by reptileexperts »

Hans Breuer (twoton) wrote:Very nice!!!! Primates rule (well, most do. We're the exception)!
Which short? And recognized as what?

Hah, should say "shot", it was chosen as a national geographic highlight of the week image featured on their social networking pages.
Hans Breuer (twoton)

Post by Hans Breuer (twoton) »

Congrats!
J-Miz

Post by J-Miz »

Awesome work! My favorite is the first, although they are all excellent. Beautiful golden-mantled tamarin!
reptileexperts

Post by reptileexperts »

Thanks J-miz! The Tamarin was def one of the high points.
Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

Thanks for posting some monkeys. My family had a Night Monkey named ShaSha when i was growing up. Very un-monkey-like in ways - not deliberately destructive or particularly interested objects that wernt food related.