Ohio's record gaps

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Jefferson

Ohio's record gaps

Post by Jefferson »

This post is directed toward Mr. Hubbs specifically:

I saw you post on the naherp election comment board that you need to get to Ohio as it only has 441 records. You may be familiar with my push to voucher all of Michigan (done), and I am now on to hitting some of Ohio every time I pass through on the way to or back from college in Virginia. Thus, I appreciate the gesture and prospect of Hubbs help, and I think it would be best to collaborate. Owing to the various routes I can take home, I think I can take all the counties east of the Scioto River plus Pike, Highland, Crawford, and Seneca. If you could hit the remaining Western Till Plain counties when you venture to the Buckeye State (I think these make up 18 of the 38 counties still remaining to be vouchered), that would be amazing! I have already gotten Marion, Morrow, Knox, Holmes, Wayne, Stark, and Guernsey counties since the start of the year and will already be hitting the eastern, southeastern, southcentral, and northcentral parts of the state on my own (I'm going to try for Coshocton and Muskingum on the way back down in a week and a half, blizzard permitting).

Any other help bringing down the Buckeye State's massive record gaps would be welcome, especially in the western farm belt counties.

Jefferson
Jefferson

Re: Ohio's record gaps

Post by Jefferson »

Update: Muskingum, Coshocton, and Athens county finished.
Jefferson

Post by Jefferson »

This coming Friday or Saturday, I will be making a go at finishing off the southeastern counties one and for all along with Franklin. I'll also probably be hitting Lorain and Tuscarawas County on the way back in two weeks. Any help on naherp records from the Ohio natives would be awesome anywhere else, especially in the western till plains or up in the extreme northeast (Geauga, Portage, Trumbull, Mahoning). Thanks and wish me luck in the five counties I'm visiting on Friday!
Jefferson

Post by Jefferson »

Update: Perry, Fairfield, Morgan, and Meigs County are in the books. Franklin was not vouchered due to uncooperative frogs and a tick scare. I hate ticks! By the way, does anyone know a good way to repel those damn things?