It is currently November 23rd, 2014, 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Hey, new-ish to herping
PostPosted: March 6th, 2012, 5:48 pm 

Dont know to many people here.im a young guy that wants to go herping but doesnt have a ride...Anybody herping riverside this week or weekend and have room for another? PM me

Post subject: Re: Hey, new-ish to herping
PostPosted: March 7th, 2012, 10:00 am 

Welcome back, Zach,

For a moment I thought you were completely new to the forum, but then I noticed you had 19 posts and checked your profile/posts. Turns out we communicated in summer of last year when you posted a similar query here.

Sounds like not having a car is still a putting a damper on your herping efforts :( Have you been able to get out by bike/on foot or maybe with others who have a car? If so, I'd urge you to share whatever you found. If not, this is the time of year to start doing so.

Btw, there are several other younger - local - herpers on this forum, most of whom also have no car. It might be useful for you to connect with them here or by pm. And I would encourage them to take the initiative and help you out in whichever way they can.

One piece of general advice: When you post here, especially when you are asking for information or herping opportunities, offer a little more details about yourself, so people can get to know you. And, as I said, share pictures of whatever you find. That'll help you build some "forum cred" (hey, I just made that up :crazyeyes: ) and will hopefully get you where you want to be.

Robert