It is currently June 27th, 2017, 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: aberrant cal kings!!!!
PostPosted: May 19th, 2012, 5:52 pm 

Im new to the board and I wanted to share some of my recent finds, so I was cruising a road in riverside county during the day about a month ago and I saw a dor, so o pulled over to see what it was and to my surprise it was a aberrant cal king!!!! I knew that there had to be more on the area so I returned the next evening to do some road cruising. The road is verry busy and didn't have much of a shoulder, I saw another dor that night it was the first snake I saw and it was another aberrant, I was so disappointed but had to keep looking. So I ended up seeing a total of 7 kings that night, only 2 of t
em were not hit yet and they were both aberrants!!!!!!! Out pf the 7 3 were normal banded the rest were aberrant, the 2 that I got that night were small yearlings. A couple of weeks went by before I saws any more kings but last weekend I saw a total of 3 of them, 2 small adult banded, and 1 aberrant adult male!!!!

Image Image

Image Image

Post subject: Re: aberrant cal kings!!!!
PostPosted: May 19th, 2012, 9:43 pm 

welcome! i will have to say, i'm a sucker for anything spotted. nice animals.

PostPosted: May 20th, 2012, 12:27 am 

That is awesome, man! Not all areas produce that many aberrants, so I'd say you found a good spot. That Dotted king is really nice. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Profile WWW 
PostPosted: May 20th, 2012, 12:59 am 

Those are beauties. Congrats. Keep working the area and see what else turns up.

reako45

PostPosted: May 20th, 2012, 6:27 am 

liucommajames wrote:
welcome! i will have to say, i'm a sucker for anything spotted. nice animals.

I like most everything I've spotted as well... :crazyeyes: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to the forum Adam... :thumb: :thumb: jim

PostPosted: May 20th, 2012, 10:44 am 

Thanks for the welcome everyone!!! The spotted one is my favorite so far, glad u guys like it, I can't wait to see what it produces in a couple years. I think I found kinda a special spot with how common the aberrants are there, somthing interesting is I used to go to this spot about 6 years ago and only found normal banded, for what ever reason it seams that the aberrant pattern is really taking over, or I have just ben lucky. Im really excited about the prospects of finding somthing really cool out of this world. Im heading out tonight, it will be a family outing with my wife and 3 Kids looking for a adult female aberrant for my male adult aberrant :beer:

PostPosted: May 20th, 2012, 2:41 pm 

kingsnakeadam wrote:
Thanks for the welcome everyone!!! The spotted one is my favorite so far, glad u guys like it, I can't wait to see what it produces in a couple years. I think I found kinda a special spot with how common the aberrants are there, somthing interesting is I used to go to this spot about 6 years ago and only found normal banded, for what ever reason it seams that the aberrant pattern is really taking over, or I have just ben lucky. Im really excited about the prospects of finding somthing really cool out of this world. Im heading out tonight, it will be a family outing with my wife and 3 Kids looking for a adult female aberrant for my male adult aberrant :beer:

Good luck. Today was a nice warm day.

Profile WWW 
PostPosted: May 20th, 2012, 5:17 pm 

Awesome snakes! I have only been able to find the regular banded ones. Good luck tonight and please post more photos!!