It is currently June 27th, 2017, 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Hey Ross Padilla, Great Website!
PostPosted: January 6th, 2012, 9:50 pm 

Your site is getting totally bitchen ...thanks for all the hard work! :thumb: 8-) :D ...I'm not even done with it yet bt hope ya keep updating.

Brad :)

Oh yeah, should probably post the link.

Go there!
http://southerncaliforniakingsnakes.weebly.com/index.html

Profile WWW 
 Post subject: Re: Hey Ross P.
PostPosted: January 7th, 2012, 11:17 am 

Oh, you are too nice, Brad. Thanks a lot. I'm very thankful for those who have allowed me to use their photos on my site. I plan to keep it going and add to it as I can.

:beer:

Profile WWW 
PostPosted: January 7th, 2012, 12:23 pm 

I like your site too... :thumb:

PostPosted: January 7th, 2012, 12:24 pm 

NP Ross ...it deserves a plug! :) ...and thanks also to all the contributors ...heck, maybe I could even be one some day ;-)

Profile WWW 
PostPosted: January 7th, 2012, 6:04 pm 

Thanks, Hubbs. Because of your willingness to share and teach, you've opened up a whole new world for me. :thumb:

And Brad, I could use the photo of that king you found in your yard. I just need your full name for photo credit. You can send it to me if you like or post it here or in a PM. My add is ttyson86 (( at )) aol dot com.

Profile WWW 
PostPosted: January 7th, 2012, 6:30 pm 

You got it baby :)

Profile WWW 
PostPosted: January 7th, 2012, 6:58 pm 

Thanks baby (lol), but I think you forgot to attach the image. Please try again.

Profile WWW 
PostPosted: January 7th, 2012, 8:39 pm 

Site is bitchin! Hopefully I can find some unique Kings this year so you can expand more! I have some Sierra Foothill Kingsnake photos if your interested?

Cheers,
Chad

PostPosted: January 7th, 2012, 11:13 pm 

Yes!!! Very COOL :thumb: You should see if the nation would let you get a spot on there wall with a link to your page! This is the first time I have seen this! :thumb:

~Mel~

PostPosted: January 8th, 2012, 7:48 am 

Ross Padilla wrote:
Thanks baby (lol), but I think you forgot to attach the image. Please try again.

Scratch that. My bad. :oops:

Thanks, Chad! Yes, I'd like to use those photos too. Chad quality photos are always more than welcomed. :D :beer:

Thanks a lot, Mel! Yes, I'll have to ask about that. :thumb:

Profile WWW 
PostPosted: January 9th, 2012, 7:36 am 

Hey Ross. I really enjoy your site. Very informative and it is obvious you spent a lot of time on it. I also enjoy it because I am from the same general area. I showed your site to my girl and we concluded we need to find local kings to put on your site. If I would have found this sooner I could have had my girl take a "natural" shot of that king they found at universal studios. Again, good job on the site. :thumb:

PostPosted: January 9th, 2012, 7:55 am 

I was just looking at it the other day, and agree with the rest - really nice! Great guest pictures too! ;)

PostPosted: January 9th, 2012, 9:04 am 

Yeah Ross,
Killer site! I know I gotta get you those hypo images, and some other's as well. As soon as i get as much of my database entries in, for the 011 deadline, I'll get on it. Berdoo is way under-representated ... and that just CAN NOT STAND. BERDOO RULES!!!.... well... not really, it's actually the butthole of SoCal.. but hey...everybody's gotta come from SOMEWHERE... :crazyeyes: :lol: :lol: jim

PostPosted: January 9th, 2012, 1:36 pm 

KichiMark wrote:
Hey Ross. I really enjoy your site. Very informative and it is obvious you spent a lot of time on it. I also enjoy it because I am from the same general area. I showed your site to my girl and we concluded we need to find local kings to put on your site. If I would have found this sooner I could have had my girl take a "natural" shot of that king they found at universal studios. Again, good job on the site. :thumb:

Thanks a lot, KichiMark. I'm glad its help inspire you to find some kings and get some images. I am always looking for contributors to the site. A Cal king found at Universal Studios, that's cool.

Kent VanSooy wrote:
I was just looking at it the other day, and agree with the rest - really nice! Great guest pictures too! ;)

Thanks a lot, Kent. Yeah, the guest pictures really add to the site. It would be pretty limited without them.

hellihooks wrote:
Yeah Ross,
Killer site! I know I gotta get you those hypo images, and some other's as well. As soon as i get as much of my database entries in, for the 011 deadline, I'll get on it. Berdoo is way under-representated ... and that just CAN NOT STAND. BERDOO RULES!!!.... well... not really, it's actually the butthole of SoCal.. but hey...everybody's gotta come from SOMEWHERE... :crazyeyes: :lol: :lol: jim

:lol: Thanks, Jim. I'd love to get more images of that king and whatever you find.

Profile WWW 
PostPosted: January 10th, 2012, 1:38 am 

I do like how you have hyper eiseni and delta seperate. The hyper gene isn't completely tied into the aberrant gene from Merced Co. and south. Hyper eiseni can produce normal colored aberrant offspring, where as deltas can not. The 7th picture of "hyper eiseni" is what I consider a delta type with a lighter chocolate coloration, the 8th is a normal eiseni. :thumb:

PostPosted: January 10th, 2012, 7:08 am 

Thanks, David. I just happened to be looking at those two yesterday and decided #7 should stay but #8 I wasn't so sure about since some of those Eiseni have a "dirty" white color to them. I just moved that one back with the normal Eiseni. I think you are right about them being different morphs. JP bred the two together and found they were non compatible, which is the best evidence so far. It would be nice to see more of those types of breeding take place. I'd like to see a dark hyper Eiseni bred to a Delta just to be sure those dark Eiseni are not double homozygote's (Eiseni X Delta). Anyway thanks a lot for all those photos and your help. :thumb:

Profile WWW 
 Post subject: Re: Hey Ross Padilla, Great Website!
PostPosted: January 10th, 2012, 11:20 am 

I bred a Normal Eiseni to a Delta this year and produced all "Aberrant Black Bellys" some sharing some looks from the Eiseni, and some more like the Delta then a few in-between.

Cheers,
Chad

PostPosted: January 10th, 2012, 12:19 pm 

Chad, that is very interesting. Do you happen to have pictures of the parents? Are you absolutely sure the Delta isn't a dark Eiseni?

Profile WWW 
PostPosted: January 10th, 2012, 2:38 pm 

Yes because I know where my CB Eiseni parents were from well county wise, and I physically caught the father Delta which is on your website as a baby 150+ miles from the nearest Eiseni range.

Cheers,
Chad

PostPosted: January 10th, 2012, 2:39 pm 

I agree, Ross, I've stared at your website for hours. I can't believe I can find snakes like that here in Los Angeles County. Looking forward to this year..... :beer:

PostPosted: January 10th, 2012, 3:51 pm 

Chad M. Lane wrote:
Yes because I know where my CB Eiseni parents were from well county wise, and I physically caught the father Delta which is on your website as a baby 150+ miles from the nearest Eiseni range.

Cheers,
Chad

OK Thanks, Chad, one more question. How dark are the light areas on your Eiseni? Which one is it closer to:

MarcLinsalata wrote:
I agree, Ross, I've stared at your website for hours. I can't believe I can find snakes like that here in Los Angeles County. Looking forward to this year..... :beer:

Thanks a lot. I was also surprised to find out what was in LA back in 2005/2006. Good luck this year. :thumb:

Profile WWW 
PostPosted: January 10th, 2012, 4:14 pm 

Horrid photo of her from a few years back she's now 6 or 7 years old. Bred by our own Scott Waters from WC parents.

Father as a baby. He's now 3 years old.

Give me a few days and I'll get photos of the last two of six babies.

Cheers,
Chad

PostPosted: January 10th, 2012, 5:00 pm 

Thanks a lot for those photos, Chad! Yeah, that looks pure Eiseni all the way. I'd like to use that photo on my website and write about your results. Thank you very much for sharing this. :thumb:

Profile WWW 
PostPosted: January 12th, 2012, 7:54 pm 

Hey Ross...call me, I need to tell you something and I'm not going to type all of it...

PostPosted: January 15th, 2012, 7:54 pm 

I too, have been really stoked on the Cal-King site. A true testament to the species..

Its amazing how much some of those dark central valley morphs, look like the LA mud and whittier morphs..

Great job, and will be looking forward to seeing it progress!

-Dan

PostPosted: January 15th, 2012, 9:47 pm 

Thanks a lot, Danny! Yeah, its pretty crazy there are 3 areas hundreds of miles apart with the same types of morphs. And all 3 are probably compatible. :shock: :D

Profile WWW