Lizard ID

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

HerperBrewer

Lizard ID

Post by HerperBrewer »

I am kinda embarrassed to say this but it has taken me until not to start to upload records into the database...and now I am addicted. I think it is the sight of all of my records laid out on google earth that makes it so appetizing. I just wish that I had been doing this all along because now I have hundreds of records to upload (thank god for exif data and my photographic memory so I can go back and find the coordinates of my finds).

I was going through some old pics and realized that I don't know what kind of lizard this is (fringe toed?). It was taken near Palm Springs :

Also Todd: is there any way that you might STILL have the coordinates of this rattlesnake (I was the only one to photograph it) from the Tejon Trip on April 17 of last year. If so, you are a record god lol.

This is great guys, and I can't believe that I wasn't doing it before. I hope to submit many records for the rest of the year once I can get home from PA for the summer.

Cheers,

Mark
herper79

Re: Lizard ID

Post by herper79 »

My guess is Callisaurus draconoides rhodostictus
Nick
Fieldnotes

Post by Fieldnotes »

Zebra-tailed Lizard
Taylor Henry

Post by Taylor Henry »

Definitely Western Zebra-tailed Lizard ( Callisaurus draconoides rhodostictus ).
HerperBrewer

Post by HerperBrewer »

Awesome, thanks guys - it is going in the database as a western zebra=tailed as we speak!
todd battey

Post by todd battey »

Mark,

Refresh my memory, where was your rattlesnake compared to the little den with multiple rattlesnakes we saw that day at Tejon Ranch?

Todd