NE Chapter Sticky Thread - Newcomers Start Here!

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

ZantiMissKnit

NE Chapter Sticky Thread - Newcomers Start Here!

Post by ZantiMissKnit »

Hello Everyone,

This sub-forum is intended to support the activities of the NAFHA Northeast Chapter and the NAHerp database project. We also now have HerpMapper. Both NAHerp and HerpMapper may be used to record your data; both are excellent organizational and educational tools.

Instructions for entering data in NAHERP can be found here. The Northwest Chapter has a great thread with useful links here (thanks, Jonathan, for this!).

We have a monthly species count post that Steve (sstaedtler) puts up at the beginning of each month. This is helpful to see how widespread species are within the chapter, as well as what species other states in the chapter have. It is cool to post your finds here, but please post them in "The Forum" as well. This is really simple to do...before you hit "submit" on your post (and after you have previewed to proofread and make sure you posted the correct photos), just select all text and copy, then open a new topic in The Forum and paste it.

If you are new here, introduce yourself to everyone by posting a biography here. We love new people!

If you're not a member of NAFHA, you should be. Register HEREand PM me the username you create there so I can add you to the chapter roster. See also http://www.nafha.org/ to find out more about NAFHA.

Forum etiquette - Read FIRST. We don't see too many disagreements in this chapter, but they do exist. Please keep them respectful.

PROCEDURESper forum owner. These were established in the fall of 2012 and explains cross-posting in The Forum.

This thread explains how to post photos. It only covers photobucket at the moment; I will add Flickr instructions as well.

This thread is going to be a work-in-progress for a while...please feel free to add any thoughts and helpful links.

ZantiMissKnit/Andrea Howlett
NE Chapter President