Cave Salamander!

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

SnakeMan123

Cave Salamander!

Post by SnakeMan123 »

Whent out herping after a good rain and turned out to be a pretty productive herping trip.

SnakeMan123

Re: Cave Salamander!

Post by SnakeMan123 »

See this is what gets me, you guys; not everyone; wanted me to post more of a vid of the animals in their natural habitat and less head shots and what not and that's exactly what this video is. Now i'm not seeking out replys to this post for my own benifit or to glorify myself in anyway because its not about me or anything it's about the herps and wildlife. Yet there seems to be no apreciation for these creatures in this video. I make a video that someone has a problem with and everyone is flying off the handle about how I'm a newbie and suck and what not. Oh and just for the record i am a "newbie" in the forum but i'm in no way a "newbie" to field herping. It just seems to me that these creatures deserve a little apreciation and what pisses me off is the pride issue that i've seen so far with some people. Just my 2 cents.
Nick Scobel

Post by Nick Scobel »

Your salamander is a Longtail Salamander (Eurycea longicauda).
SnakeMan123 wrote:See this is what gets me, you guys; not everyone; wanted me to post more of a vid of the animals in their natural habitat and less head shots and what not and that's exactly what this video is. Now i'm not seeking out replys to this post for my own benifit or to glorify myself in anyway because its not about me or anything it's about the herps and wildlife. Yet there seems to be no apreciation for these creatures in this video. I make a video that someone has a problem with and everyone is flying off the handle about how I'm a newbie and suck and what not. Oh and just for the record i am a "newbie" in the forum but i'm in no way a "newbie" to field herping. It just seems to me that these creatures deserve a little apreciation and what pisses me off is the pride issue that i've seen so far with some people. Just my 2 cents.
If your goal is public education and outreach, then make that your priority. Posting videos on here and then complaining when you don't get replies seems like a beckon for attention to me.
Knightkrawler5

Post by Knightkrawler5 »

Yeah....I don't really get it...you say you are not a "noob" to herping, but you don't really seem to know the correct ID's for the herps you find....here is my advice...get a basic field guide. This will help you solve these problems
ErikNM

Post by ErikNM »

I'm not a noob herper and I can totally tell that salamander isn't a longtail salamander, it has one of the shortest tails I've ever seen!!! ;)