New member intro

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

FlyingSquirrel

New member intro

Post by FlyingSquirrel »

Hi. I posted this same message in one of the other general forum areas, and another member suggested that I re-post it in this regional section:

My name is Matt. I live north of Seattle, WA. I'm an amateur nature photographer (hobby for now, pro in the future). I joined this forum because, as I expand my photography subject matter, I've come back to one of my childhood passions..herps! As a teen, I had a number of reptile and amphibian pets. Now I am becoming interested again in them, but for photography.

As I was recently planning an upcoming nature photo trip to central WA for birds and other wildlife, it occured to me that I might come across some exciting reptile opportunities. I'm crossing my fingers for some pygmy short horned lizards, whatever other lizards I can find, and maybe my first rattlesnake. I'll do my best, and bring back whatever photos I can get.

Hopefully this post is not out of place, and I look forward to joining the community.

Sincerely,

Matt
https://www.flickr.com/photos/matt-schwartz/
Owen

Re: New member intro

Post by Owen »

Welcome aboard and super photos on your Flickr!
FlyingSquirrel

Post by FlyingSquirrel »

Owen wrote:Welcome aboard and super photos on your Flickr!
Thank you kind sir!
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Welcome Matt!
TravisK

Post by TravisK »

WOW Matt! That is some really nice work. Welcome to FHF. I look forward to meeting you in the field sometime. It would be nice if you could meet up with someone on the West Side soon before our official trips start. Most people like to build a little bit of trust before they are invited to group outings. LOL, shouldn't be too hard either as most of our NW membership is on your side of the state.
FlyingSquirrel

Post by FlyingSquirrel »

Hey guys, thanks a lot for the warm welcome and comments! Glad to be here, and I look forward to meeting some of you and expanding my photography into the realm of the awesomeness that is herps.

I definitely understand the trust thing, which is why I have not requested location info for anything in central WA, despite my upcoming trip, and overwhelming desire to see cool critters. Why would anyone give a stranger location info...I probably wouldn't!!

Regarding trust, I'm not sure how to break through that barrier and actually get someone to meet up with me the first time. I assume posting on this forum a few times will get the ball rolling...but I have nothing to post since (1) I know almost nothing about this stuff, and (2) I have almost no photos to share regarding herps! Any suggestions?