2014 National Get Together Data Request

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Biker Dave

2014 National Get Together Data Request

Post by Biker Dave »

Hey everyone!

If you were at the National Outing in Rodeo NM this past month PLEASE enter your data into the HERP database! I will be doing a data request for Cochise County Arizona during the days of the event for ALL of the data entries in that area in the coming weeks.

This data will be provided to AZGF as part of the stipulation for them being nice enough to provide us with the Scientific Collecting Permit that allowed attendees to herp without a license!

Thank you to those who have already provided me their data as requested.

Dave Weber
Fundad

Re: 2014 National Get Together Data Request

Post by Fundad »

Those member that were on the SCP are expected to provide the data to Dave and the AZDFG.

It was a great privilege and and honor to be listed on the SCP, the only item requested to have that privilege was to
provide the data on what was found.

Lets not be a disappointment to the AZDFG and NAFHA, so please get that data in.

This is was a Rocky Mtn Chapter event, and therefore the responsibility ultimately falls upon the Rocky Mtn Chapter Board members to follow up with those on the SCP for their data to Dave.

Thank You
Brian Hinds
International Coordinator
Jimi

Post by Jimi »

Yep, workin' on it. Time flies...

How's he want the forms - e-mailed as a pdf or what?

cheers,
Jimi
Fundad

Post by Fundad »

Thanks Jimi. :thumb:

PDF or Word Document would be fine I imagine, can you pm him to be sure?

I didn't see you to get a chance to say hi, bummer. Heck I didn't even know you were there.

Brian
Jimi

Post by Jimi »

I just made a pdf. And sent it to Tim W, in case I can't catch Dave. I will PM him.

Yeah, Thomas and I showed up for the meet & greet, and got our permit from Dave. Had a quick beer, met a few guys (notably Smetlogic & son), and hauled ass after maybe 20 minutes. I'm as antisocial as any other herper. Ha ha. Not unfriendly in the least, just *really* not into crowds. Herper crowds or any others.

We camped Friday night over in Rucker, on the west side. Field herped it Sat AM. Perfectly decent habitat (though the campground is kind of a dump), I'd never been in that canyon, just the 3-4 main big ones to the north. Anyway, on Saturday afternoon it seemed like half the county showed up to camp. No joke. So we bugged out and departed the permit area - herped some more elsewhere. As we'd herped outside the permit area Thursday night and Friday AM.

The whole experience reminded me why I have a personal rule - "do not leave the house on holiday weekends" and also why I've been spending a lot more time in madrean NM than in madrean AZ the last decade or so. That corner of AZ has sure gotten crowded. They say there's 10,000 boomers retiring every day right now. The next decade looks pretty bleak to me, for sunbelt growth...

Hey, have you seen this:
http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/4123/

Cave Creek road got pretty beat up. Sunny Flat is closed for repair.

Cheers,
Jimi
ZantiMissKnit

Post by ZantiMissKnit »

Jimi wrote:

Hey, have you seen this:
http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/4123/

Cave Creek road got pretty beat up. Sunny Flat is closed for repair.
Wow. So much of the area that we explored that weekend is now closed. It's amazing what nature is capable of.