Nice Pics of Reptile Enclosures & Tortoise Tables

Captive care and husbandry.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Kelly Mc

Nice Pics of Reptile Enclosures & Tortoise Tables

Post by Kelly Mc »

Appropriated from dressers, cabinet features, consoles etc

Yes this is what I am looking for - I need of examples of these that are nicely done - Im going to print them out for certain clients. Ive talked about how to but Im sure there are some really cool ones that members have made that look good and work great, and if you share them you will be helping people and their animals with your creativity for a long time to come. The Ripple Effect
Mr. Woolery

Re: Nice Pics of Reptile Enclosures & Tortoise Tables

Post by Mr. Woolery »

Kelly Mc wrote:Appropriated from dressers, cabinet features, consoles etc

Yes this is what I am looking for - I need of examples of these that are nicely done - Im going to print them out for certain clients. Ive talked about how to but Im sure there are some really cool ones that members have made that look good and work great, and if you share them you will be helping people and their animals with your creativity for a long time to come. The Ripple Effect
I'm not clear on what you're asking. Who are these clients and how do the pictures help them?
Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

I am in reptile care and thought it would be fun to share some pics of handmade enclosures to some of my handier clients instead of always drawing them out on a grabbed sheet of fax paper . I have made alot of personal cages out of different things and figured others have too. There are already examples of more typical professionally fabricated enclosures up in the collection but thought it would be another creative resource, neat to share. A dresser , consol , walk in closet provides the Basic Box and from there its easy to add the other features, without having to cut the wood or have alot of work space. Just something fun to share.
tspuckler

Post by tspuckler »

Most turtles and tortoises do best when housed outside at least part of the year. Here's an enclosure that I made for my water turtles. I use a similar setup for my box turtles (though without a 50 gallon stock tank):

Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

Beautiful! :thumb:
Nir

Post by Nir »

Tiger Ratsnake Enclosure

Lined inside with Coroplast. Frame is 2'' x 3'' wood beams. Top and bottom, 3/4'' wood sheet. Exterior finished with 1/4 inch thick masonite sheet. The interior was sealed with silicone. So far, it's 1.5 years old and works amazing!!!
monklet

Post by monklet »

To Nir and Tim, awesome looking setups! :thumb: 8-)

Kelley - it is good etiquette to use RFI (Request For Information) in the title when posing such a request.
Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

Sweet !

RIF - ok
beanie

Post by beanie »

Here's a few Ive made.

Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

Beanie Awesome! The multi unit is exciting and the armoire is so cool. It is all terrific work.
KingCam

Post by KingCam »

I made this vertical enclosure out of fiber board, untreated 2x2's, adhesive vinyl tiles & 1/4" plexi.

The wood and tile was extremely cheap. Plexi is kinda expensive, and then of course hardware like hinges, latches, screws, etc add up quick.

Here is a more recent photo of the inside of the enclosure:

You can't see them because they are hidden behind the water container, but there are 2 PC fans installed in the back to keep the air flowing. The top of the enclosure is just window screen.
Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

Nir that enclosure does a tiger justice
Kelly Mc

Post by Kelly Mc »

Cool Kingcam ! and the specs included in your share and everyone else posting :thumb: