one day DFW area, advice?

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

Judson

one day DFW area, advice?

Post by Judson »

Hey ya'll,

My name is Isaac and I normally post in the California chapter where I'm a NAFHA member and reside.

I'll be in DFW area for one day only 4/24(tomorrow) where I'll be driving to McKinney from DFW airport for some meetings and will have the afternoon to herp a bit. I then fly back to Los Angeles the following morning. I will have a rental car to get around, but have never been to TX nor do I know where to begin for herping in TX. The weather looks warm tomorrow mid 80's, so I was thinking of hiking for a couple hours and then night cruising??

any advice, tips would be greatly appreciated. I do have references here in CA if needed. I'll post any any findings here when I return if I do end up seeing anything. PM me if that is preferred. Also, If anyone would like to join me, I have a rental with unlimited miles and I'll pay for gas.

-Isaac
Soopaman

Re: one day DFW area, advice?

Post by Soopaman »

Hey, Isaac. I know of one fellow named Tim up in the DFW area, but I have no contact information for him and I'm not sure if he posts on the forums. I'm sure he's not the only one from there, however, so hopefully someone will chime in.

If you were in the Houston area I'd be happy to cruise around with you and take you to some local spots I like to visit.