Herping/hiking trip sat may 12

Dedicated exclusively to field herping.

Moderator: Scott Waters

elaphe365

Herping/hiking trip sat may 12

Post by elaphe365 »

Im think about going hiking this sat prob little stony point on the hudson highlands or the appalachian trail/pawling nature preserve. Anybody free that day and interested let me know.
Jeffreyrichard

Re: Herping/hiking trip sat may 12

Post by Jeffreyrichard »

I've seen you've made a number of post over the past few days ... Often, the best axium in life is "less is more" ... not here, however. You should tell us all something about yourself (there is a Biogrophy post) to break the ice and get folks to warm up to you ...

Just offering ...
elaphe365

Post by elaphe365 »

I have been studying reptiles and amphibians for over 20 years. Im also a personal trainer so for me now its more about me going on the hikes. What ever animals i see is always a plus! Is that good enough for you my dude?
brick911

Post by brick911 »

Welcome man. I hope to get more into hiking/herping instead of herping/hiking once my kids grow up a little. They are almost always with me, but don't have much staying power yet. Every year I can go a little further. :) How'd ya do?
elaphe365

Post by elaphe365 »

Thanks. For me its all about pace, when you hike/herp take your time and dont rush for the spots. I usually go hiking with a group of guys that care about the herps more then the hike. So as i take my time and find some spots that they missed because they were to busy rushing looking for snakes. I tend to find more stuff and keep my stamina up from pacing myself. Where do You live? Maybe we should all meet up for a hike/herp instead of a herp/hike lol.